Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by batboi, Nov 8, 2018.
Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them about whether they offered GPUs.
I can't really write or understand code either.
I'm trying to do a 24/7 Livestream of an anime. The video files are all mkv. OBS will be encoding using NVENC.
You dont need GPU for streaming wiht OBS.
Also you dont need DMCA ignored to run OBS and streaming Copyrighted material on it.
Hetzner Auction server for $25 will do the job, trust me
You don't think that my livestream would ever be at risk of a DMCA takedown notice?
No, i'm streaming one of the most copyright protected content in the world on Hetzner (with obs) for almost a year. Didnt get a single notice. As long as you're just pushing somethig to some 3rd party website via RTMP you'll be fine.
Do you think you could lay out how I can do what you're doing?
1. Can I buy my domain name from any website I choose?
2. What specs on the server should I be looking for at hetzner.com?
3. If I buy the server, does it get sent to me like a product, or will it stay located at some server center?
4. Do I need to install a control panel or anything else in order to get the server ready?
5. How do I setup the livestream the way you're doing it where it can handle 1000s of viewers at once and doesn't require a GPU?
1) No, i suggest you to buy a domain from offshore registrar.
2) Look for i7 processor and at least 16GB RAM, they have these auction servers for arround $21-$25 all the time
4) You have to install Linux system, after Linux is installed, boot server in Rescue mode, install Windows 10 and restart - then login via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
5) You must publish a stream via RTPM (at least that's what im doing). If you're planning to directly use Hetzner server to deliver content to everyone else, then Hetzner wont be a good option. But if you have 3rd party provider such as WhoStreams or Youtube, then just open OBS and put in RTMP details and start streaming, no GPU required, just CPU
1. I like the idea of domains that you own forever, like the ones at epik.com. That's the only gripe I have about using some offshore registrar.
2. RDP? You mean like TeamViewer? I don't really know what RDP is.
3. A video site like YouTube is exactly what I can't do because of the copyrighted content. That's why I want to stream it directly from the server. Also, I don't know what RTMP is.
Impossible to have 1000 viewers streaming at once with any decent video for 50-100$. To get a dedicated 1gbps port alone will cost more and with limited bandwidth. 1000 viewers will mean each viewer has 100mbps. That is fine for 720 quality, but the price is just not reasonable.
Yea after talking with like 6 different companies, the best price/quality server with a GPU in a DMCA-ignoring country will cost me around $200 a month
RDP is like teamviewer yes but you can connect to your server at anytime and with your own password...
Sorry,8 tought you were planning to just push RTMP to a 3rd party site and there get a stream from..
If you’re planning to have thousands of people watching your live stream, you will need to spend well over 100 per month om DMCA ignored server
I want to leave my research here for anyone else that might want to look into what I've looked into:
Companies with DMCA-ignoring dedicated servers with GPUs:
blueangelhost.com - dedicated server - can give me Nvidia GT 1030 for an extra $20/month, no NGINX + PHP-FPM but they have cPanel + LiteSpeed.
Have 1Gbps port.
legionbox.com - no response
Companies that have dedicated servers with GPUs but DO NOT ignore DMCA:
interserver.net - GPU dedicated server - Does not ignore DMCA
novogara.com - Does not ignore DMCA
phoenixnap.com - dedicated server + Nvidia Tesla GPU - Does not ignore DMCA
primcast.com - dedicated servers with GPU - they have servers in Romania - Does not ignore DMCA
sharkservers.com - dedicated server, maybe able to provide GPU - no response yet about whether they ignore DMCA
epik.com - no GPUs, - does not ignore DMCA
libertyvps.com - does not ignore DMCA
Separate names with a comma.