Well I add content almost daily. Now reaching close to 1000 posts. But new links are only the natural ones, did some outreach, but that's it. Link velocity surely is a factor, however I don't believe this has anything to do with the new google algo update since August.
Hmm, thats interesting. Have you tried to reverse engineer the new big winners in serps? I did that and here is what I noticed is different compared to my own site.
- real contact data on the money page and the "contact us" page - address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses
- links to independent reviews
- contact us/about us page longer than 1 sentence with a contact form
- the page and the content was updated quite heavily and frequently
- most of the new pages were added few months ago
- blog comments under each article
- internal links to main money pages from most of the other pages
- I also noticed that they dont have many external links and all of them are quite weak (forum posts etc.)
- higher keyword density (can be niche specific)
- Terms of Service page
Any opinion on blog comments?