Hashtags in COMMENTS or CAPTION

JakLei

BANNED
Joined
May 24, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Found some older 2018 articles, but I haven't found any recent 2019 articles or research on which method reaches more. Anyone have experience or knowledge on this?
 

IG Pro

Power Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2018
Messages
677
Reaction score
677
Instagram is changing almost every other day.

If you are going to use hashtags in the comment section, then you'll have to check each day if the method still works or not.

For the caption, you are free. You don't have to worry if your hashtag works or not.

To answer your question, I've not noticed any different in reach between these two.
 

Makk of All Trades

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Messages
101
Reaction score
53
Use them in captions, just keep a gap between your main caption and hashtags so that hashtags get pushed down under 'see more'
 

Perrybeard82

Power Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
500
Reaction score
224
I think in the comments looks best as it keeps the caption clean and tidy
 

ansi09

Regular Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
372
Reaction score
55
I would use the HashTag anyway (along with the caption, details...), HashTags always bring attention man (personal experience).
Does that affect the traffic, bla bla bla... Can't confirm that to be honest.
 

Nicknames

Regular Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2018
Messages
277
Reaction score
562
Website
risedecoded.com
I think you are focusing too much on things that will give you 1% results when content quality and targeted related hashtags will bring you the other 99%.

The average user that interact or not with your page is not attracted by a magical determined position of hashtags, but with the actual content that you put out ;)
 

HustleTong

Jr. Executive VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
10,707
Reaction score
8,068
Website
www.blackhatworld.com
I've seen these listed hashtags under comments and they're a waste of time in my opinion. As recent posts without being hashtags added in the comment section ought to have the same engagement.
 

Voidvoda

Registered Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
60
Reaction score
29
Great question, I know that It was mentioned before and I remember seeing IG accounts like Adobe using it in comments, some travel "influencers" still do but I am trying to stay away from comment section, and will take advice from Filipo666 - who knows what may happen with IG tomorrow.
 

RK

Jr. VIP
Jr. VIP
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
971
Reaction score
425
Simple, Test it yourself. Which method gives you better result go with that one.
 

high mike

Regular Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2018
Messages
388
Reaction score
324
comments, never do it in the description. Every post I post the analytics on my creator account says 50%-75% new accounts I reach from using hashtags.
 

zuifon

Newbie
Joined
Jun 2, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Is it useful to use a second account to comment to add more hashtags ?
 

tweeting

Newbie
Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I think you are focusing too much on things that will give you 1% results when content quality and targeted related hashtags will bring you the other 99%.

The average user that interact or not with your page is not attracted by a magical determined position of hashtags, but with the actual content that you put out ;)

Many people's engagement depends on the caption more than on the content itself, because the quality isn't really great.
 

Gazza_571

Registered Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
90
Reaction score
45
So my research shows a couple in the caption, pushed down of course, but no more than 10 # in the caption, the rest in the comments. Seems to give my accounts the best reach for engagement. Have to be very researched #'s though, low mid and high ranking mixed together.
 

yyskorea2018

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
116
Reaction score
16
i put it mostly in caption but not that many tags
sometimes i mix it
 
Top