1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Launching..

Discussion in 'Programming' started by mohsinmirza, Mar 8, 2017.

  1. mohsinmirza

    mohsinmirza Junior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    9
    Hey guys,

    I Just logged in today after like 6 or so months. I've been a senior member in terms of reading the methods and b.s around but not so active in actually taking part in conversations. I've Been busy at my new job so now it's a bit stable so I come back to where i belong to..

    Anyways guys I would like to hear your guys thoughts on launching your own softwares whether it saas or a one time thing. I am not a professional coder so what could be my options like hiring a coder and let him use and re brand an open source software or something like that..

    Please let me know your suggestions and what's your experiences in these. I am sure there would be few guys who have actually done it for dozens of products.
     
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. mohsinmirza

    mohsinmirza Junior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    9
    bump.....
     
  3. Crawlie

    Crawlie Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2017
    Messages:
    52
    Likes Received:
    11
    Gender:
    Male
    Haven't done it before but planning to. If you have no coding experience then your only option is obviously to hire someone. If you have some time on your hands you might as well get into programming... It's generally good to have some knowledge in it.
     
  4. mohsinmirza

    mohsinmirza Junior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    9
    Well the funny thing is I am in I.T and if I tell you my job title you'd be surprised big time.. But hey i don't know programming much except average selenium and sql..

    I wonder why nobody here done this kinda thing, it seems like all the bhw members are into promoting cpa, youtube and adsense kinda stuff.
     
  5. mohsinmirza

    mohsinmirza Junior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    9
    Yeah i'll hire a programmer through upwork i guess but I am still unsure about the marketing thing.. getting the software ready for sale is i believe 5% of the work or may be less and the rest 95% is getting it out in front of people which gonna give me the hard time,
     
  6. Mahmud Joy

    Mahmud Joy BANNED BANNED

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2016
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    6
    Gender:
    Male
    well come back to BHW
     
  7. mohsinmirza

    mohsinmirza Junior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    9
    thanks man, hey you making any money or got a jv plan share it here im desperate :D
     
  8. Blacklistede

    Blacklistede Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2016
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    1
    As already stated above, the hard part is the marketing, not the coding.
    Whether you should make the software subscription based or one time payment depends on the product. If your software needs regular updates, for example an Instagram bot, I'd make it subscription based. If it doesn't, you will probably have less work with a one time payment, also most people prefer a one time payment I guess.
    If you have to hire a coder you should do a market analysis before, otherwise you will end up paying 1k$+ for a software that doesn't sell.
     
  9. LostLife

    LostLife Regular Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2017
    Messages:
    265
    Likes Received:
    288
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Software Engineer
    Must be SAAS. SAAS is the future.