Discussion in 'Making Money' started by nihalsad, Jul 2, 2015.
Wanted to try Teespring for a while now
Here's another great article to use as a tool for your NEW tee shirt biz: http://www.abetterlemonadestand.com/how-to-start-an-online-tshirt-business-24-hour-guide-challenge/. This guy has so great ideas too.
Quick Question why does the ad not populate on the post just shows the t-spring link ? Thanks
Kinda frustarting I want the image in a post ? thanks Ideas?
Great information thnx for sharing.. About social sleuth you can use also Spyads (check the link below) without install anything.. for people who has a difficulty to install SS.. Also Spyads It's much easier and more effective because it has more filters to search.. i have used both..
Op...would you mind sending me a PM? I am new here and havent posted enough to be allowed to send one yet. I wanted to ask you something about working this method but dont want to open it up publicly...Thanks alot.
You know I dont come to BHW that often anymore because every idea is shot down in some way in the comments. I mean it saves time if someones method is flawed or outdated but you never know what to believe. When I saw this post on the tshirt business here it sounds really good. Basic, everyone knows tshirts and its an age old concept that will never go obsolete. Just need to get lucky on a design. Being new and looking at the instructions here though is still overly complicated for me. Im not a social media or marketing expert. All this scheming to get traffic just makes me want to give up before I even try....getting banned, creating fake accounts...who needs the aggravation? But if you have no traffic you have no sales. So we have to play this game to get traffic or we gotta spend thousands to get it. OP, how about you show me EXACTLY what you do everyday and I'll give you half of everything I bring in? There are nuances that are simply not going to be included in this guide and the obstacles people mention in the comments here you are avoiding and getting past or you wouldnt be making any money. I just need to start earning some money here in the real world....
Why you are just thinking in selling t-shirts only online?
For example you can find your niche (even if you are from abroad US -there they have hot wallets /CC - like me), find an angle of attack for fans or something else and attack.
- Choose your niche: imagine for example you select Japanese food lovers (I think is a shitty niche but is just an example)
- Search online where sushi and japanese food lovers congregate and their passions
- Create your tshirt (do not launch campaing)
- Get some addresses where you can sell
- Create a flyer
- Go to Craigslist
- Find someone (student) from in the city you want to test for distribute your flyers
- Create your flyer for example with Vistaprint. You can introduce different url for each one 50/50 (url A and url B to split test them)
- Send flyers to student home and make him/her distribute
- Track conversions (1 to 2% = 10 to 20 sales) if each tshirt left you $ 8/10 = $ 80 / $ 60
- Also try to create a list with opt-in and make a mobile site in order be more easier for them to register / buy
- Test for profit with tweaking the idea, anyway, if not you have your list that = $
Polish and test, there are many ways to sell T-shirts... not only online
- Offer T-shirt creation for clients of local business (should have some product / service people love)
- Create an "special night" for sushi lovers and tell the owner you will make tshirts with their brand with a discount or find a way to sell it for free.
- Schedule a time for selling the tshirts in his/her place (you gain trust)
- Let customer buy with their smart phone + QR code
- and so on...
They are not perfect ideas but for sure you can tweak them a lot...
(Sorry for hijacking... just trying to help people to think "outside the thread/box" )))
This guide is really awesome. Nice share and spoonfeeding for people
Intriguing post OP! I have never dipped my feet in this before, and you have piqued my interest.
I've been reading through the problems faced by people in this thread. I think most people are missing the point about how money can be made from this method.
I think the best way to think about this "method" is to think of yourself as a person running a t-shirt business, or even a startup. Thus, you have to take into account many factors such as:
1) product development (in this case, T-shirt design)
2) customer psychology (is the product you are creating appealing to the target market?)
3) customer acquisition (not just FB ads, but so many methods if you be creative)
4) conversion (can you get them to buy?)
Do you realize that there are people in top-tier companies getting huge salaries for specializing in just ONE of these fields?
There are hundreds and hundreds of ways to do the combination of the above, and there are more ways to fail than succeed. So it's foolish to think you can get everything right on the first try.
So the solution: keep tweaking, think critically, and hustle!
Im a noob at marketing. I have set a campaign running but won't I just get likes for that?
So when you begin to talk about facebook ads, you say "post image to fanpage"? Are you a referring to the fake page that we made? Or another popular page?
Yes there are quite a few sites without the campaign system like teespring.
Check the first page. I provided instructions on how to install it.
Nicely done mate.
Zazzle is also a great way to do this.
Still working just fine. You just need a winning design for the right audience.
I made this guide so straight forward that anyone can follow and bank from it. Reread and apply thats all I have to say.
Thats the spirit man. And glad I could help.
Post the comment in the popular one with the fake page and vote it up.
Update : I managed to sell 3 t shirts on my next campaign Only $5 profit Still I'm happy If I can earn $5, I surely can earn $50 with more hard work
Thanks Op. Loved the guide. Will surely try to put some action to teespring with this guide. Hope it works out.
Update 2 : Just logged in and found out that I have sold 6 t shirts in the campaign I mentioned in my previous update
thank very much, awesome thread !!
Can you share how exactly to use SocialSleuth? I downloaded it but I'm only seeing a bunch of HTML, CSS, JS files and images. How exactly do I use it?
Can you elaborate on what you mean by your instructions here?
I'm in audience insights. I've defined my audience based on interest and demographics (and it's 150k large). But I don't see anything called an affinity score.
How do I view Activity > Ad clicks metric? What is this exactly?
And how exactly do I do this?: Graph Search ?interests? and then click on pages for a huge list of ideas. Do not choose interests with capital letters only lower case.
thanks. this is cool
Separate names with a comma.