Recent content by minervafox

  1. minervafox

    What makes a guest post marketplace actually useful for you?

    There are quite a few platforms selling guest posts and link placements, but the quality of inventory can vary significantly. What would make you trust a marketplace more? Verified traffic Transparent pricing Publisher history Niche/category filtering Historical performance Replacement/refund...
  2. minervafox

    Do directories make sense?

    Hi! I have a web app that somehow started picking up users from Google about a week ago, even though it’s been live for around 8 months. I’ve done the usual SEO stuff, adding structured data, breadcrumbs, a Wikidata entry, etc. Though I keep seeing SEO people recommend submitting your product to...
  3. minervafox

    Do you compare multiple guest post marketplaces before buying placements?

    I’ve noticed that the same type of publisher can have pretty different pricing depending on where you find it. I’m curious if people here compare several marketplaces first or usually stick with one source they already know.
  4. minervafox

    Do you guys use guest post marketplaces to compare different publishers before choosing where to place a link?

    I tested this by comparing ecommerce sites with publishers I found manually. Recently, I used SEOPul to create an initial shortlist. Sometimes, I just buy guest posts directly on marketplaces, which is convenient and the transaction happens quickly.
  5. minervafox

    Are PBN links still effective in 2026?

    I tested this on a small site last year by adding a handful of aged-domain links alongside the existing link profile. Rankings moved within a few weeks, but the weird part was that only the links from closely related sites seemed to stick. The generic PBN links showed almost no noticeable...
  6. minervafox

    AI is making me dumber

    I’ve caught myself doing this too. If I let AI write everything, then suddenly I’m staring at a blank doc and have no idea how to start. It’s probably less about losing creativity and more about not using that muscle as often. Lately I’ve been forcing myself to write the rough version first...
  7. minervafox

    New WhiteHat SEO techniques ?

    One thing that’s worked surprisingly well for me is building pages around questions that already show up in Search Console, rather than chasing new keywords. I had a page where several related queries were sitting around positions 15 - 30. I expanded the sections around those topics and added...
  8. minervafox

    What makes a backlink valuable in 2026?

    I’d rank relevance and placement above raw authority. On one site, I compared links from a DR 60 general site against DR 35 niche sites over about six weeks. The DR 35 links consistently moved target pages faster, especially when placed inside relevant articles. One link from a relevant page...
  9. minervafox

    Are expired domains still worth using for SEO?

    Expired domains have been used in SEO for years, but the quality gap seems much bigger now. Are expired domains still effective today, or are fresh domains becoming a better option?
  10. minervafox

    Do you optimize for anything besides Google, or is it not worth the effort?

    I still do some Bing optimization on sites where the audience fits. A few projects I worked on had 5–10% traffic from Bing without doing anything special. Usually it’s just making sure indexing is clean, titles are reasonable, and the site structure isn’t built only around Google’s quirks. I...
  11. minervafox

    How did you learn SEO when you first started?

    I skipped most of the courses and built a few test sites instead. Breaking things, fixing them, and watching what changed taught me far more than tutorials. I still keep a small test site around whenever I want to try something new before using it on client projects.
  12. minervafox

    What SEO Strategy Has Surprised You with Great Results Recently?

    Refreshing old pages instead of publishing new ones. I updated outdated stats, rewrote weak sections, and improved internal links on a few articles. Some of them started picking up rankings again within a few weeks, which was better than I expected.
  13. minervafox

    Do high DA backlinks really make a big difference?

    DA is useful as a quick filtering metric, but I wouldn't base link decisions on it alone. I've had niche-relevant links from lower DA sites outperform higher DA ones because they fit the topic and attracted real traffic. If I had to choose, I'd take relevance and editorial quality over DA every...
  14. minervafox

    Is AI Making Black Hat SEO Easier or Harder?

    Both. AI makes execution much faster, but it also forces black hat SEOs to be more creative. Simple automation isn't enough anymore because search engines are getting better at filtering mass-produced content.
  15. minervafox

    What's your workflow for identifying crawl budget waste on large site?

    I usually start with Google Search Console and server logs to see where Googlebot is spending its crawl budget. Then I look for duplicate URLs, parameter pages, orphan pages, and low-value content that can be consolidated or blocked from crawling.
Back
Top