Discussion in 'YouTube' started by davidbolman, Oct 15, 2010.
i have a question, can i have a blog with just videos post on it having a good rank on google,
According to me it would be really hard to rank a site with only videos and no text in google for any specific high competition term because
1) It wouldn't be clear to search engine what the motive of the site is and what category it belongs to.
2) There are thousands if not millions of websites trying to rank for keywords related to videos, and those websites do heavy SEO to rank for such terms. So, you will be at loss if you didn't want to provide nice long descriptions for the video and didn't keep em related to just one category.
You can maybe rank well if your domain is an exact match. Like, you own funnyvideos.com, then you can end up somewhere on page 3-4 .
thanks a lot man very helpfull
I had video blogs in the past and got good traffic.
- use Wordpress. Nothing is better for getting instant SE traffic
- add 50 words about each video underneath or above.
- use categories
e.g. Chelsea Football Videos
- categories for premiership, european, fa cup
- categories for drogba, essien, etc.
Or you can use tags. But I did this back in the day when there was only categories.
Best niches are those you can categorise with multiple category classes. But these can also be hard to target ads for...maybe CPA?
Separate names with a comma.