My business got a negative review this weekend. This is always a stressful experience because our industry is cut throat and I know I know, you might say that if I'm running a good business then negs will be outweighed by my positives. However, Yelp keeps about 10% of my positives (filters out the rest), but 90% of my negatives. For positives to be kept, it looks like the reviewer needs to have at least 30 reviews and be regularly adding to them. For negs to be kept, it looks like the bar is much lower -- we only have 3 now, but the other negs are from reviewers that've only done 5 reviews, and still it's been kept long-term. This new one is from a reviewer that's only done 1 other review. What do people think? -- will it just disappear on it's own most likely as long as he doesn't write any more reviews? Either way, I was thinking about contacting him to offer to make it up to him, but my concern there is -- IF I message this guy, but am unable to get him to take it down, will my mere contact with him (message through Yelp), increase the odds of it being kept up? I know the Yelp filter is complex and very well might take into account things like messages from business owner to reviewer, which, in effect, might validate the review in the eyes of the Yelp filter. thanks for any thoughts.