1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress - RSS Feed - Ebay

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by drumltd, Sep 10, 2010.

  1. drumltd

    drumltd Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    Messages:
    467
    Likes Received:
    13
    I've started playing with autoposting a wordpress, using an RSS feed from ebay. (More or less to fill a spare site I have with some half decent content)

    However I have a couple of problems, one of the lines from the RSS feed is

    Buy It Now for only: £45.00

    which should read

    Buy It Now for only: £45.00

    Anybody know how I can get this to display correctly I've tried the text-replace plugin with no effect.

    The second is I'm only getting tittles and prices etc. from ebay, anybody know how I can get the full descriptions into the RSS feed?

    Thanks
     
  2. drumltd

    drumltd Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    Messages:
    467
    Likes Received:
    13
    Well in the end I wrote a handful of lines of php to do what I wanted, all I need now is to figure out how to get wordpress to run it, whenever a new post is added..............
     
  3. redim

    redim Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2009
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    136
    Location:
    philippines
    Hi:
    I use wpomatic and sometimes wpomatic did not recognise the e(bay feed. so i 'washed' it in g00gle reader.

    for example, subscribe to the feed in reader, assign the feed to a folder, make the folder public, then use the new rss of the folder for ur autoposter.

    regards
    redim
     
  4. zilog357

    zilog357 Newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2008
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    30
    about the first post, did you try:

    £

    instead of

    &163;
     
  5. drumltd

    drumltd Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    Messages:
    467
    Likes Received:
    13
    Yes the problem was the search and replace just wasn't picking them up, when they got imported in the rss feed. but a php str_replace sorts it out pretty easily.

    Also got the descriptions added now, just trying to figure out adsense now, I've tried setting it up with both ad manager and all in one adsense but neither are displaying the ads so I think it must be something fundamental like the theme I'm using.