1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress oddity. No changes are sticking

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by lacy1978, Sep 10, 2012.

  1. lacy1978

    lacy1978 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2011
    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    39
    Need some WP help... We did an export/import from an old WP blog into a new installation. There were some oddities just after we did this, but I didn't think much of it. The biggest one that kept standing out was whenever I would add multiple pages/categories to the menu area and hit save, the page would go white and I would have to alter the url to go back into it. When I would go in only one of the menu items would be on there.

    Now nearly every change I make isn't sticking. I add a new widget to the sidebar, save it, go back to the dashboard and it has disappeared from the sidebar area completely. 2 or 3 plugins are not updating information at all. I input the data, hit save and go back into it. Everything is gone... Is this some permission problem or something???
     
  2. Duffers5000

    Duffers5000 Elite Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2012
    Messages:
    2,471
    Likes Received:
    7,678
    are you sure its not just your server having a slow day ? somerimes when I am changing stuff around on WP the changes are immediate sometimes it takes an hour or two for them to stick. Also your cached pages can affect what gets loaded up try holding F5 until it locks out then reload.
     
  3. Ormond321

    Ormond321 Newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    3
    Like the above user said, it can take a little while for changes to kick into effect if they are experiencing a ton of traffic.
     
  4. lacy1978

    lacy1978 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2011
    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    39
    Thanks for all the replies, but it was a weird solution. used backup buddy to bring the information over from our demo site. For some reason none of the primary IDs were set to Auto Increment, so nothing was being saved into the db!