Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by LukaB, Apr 24, 2011.
Hostgater is cheap
Wow! Very nice article. I would like to share some important points among them -
1. Purpose of site - First decide what is the purpose of developing the site, what is it's use to you.
2. Domain name - Once you are sure about the purpose and use of the site then you should think about the domain name for your website. Find the catchy and small domain name which will be remembered by the users easily.
3. Platform for web design and development - Decide on which platform you would like to design and development. You can create the hard coded site or you can use the in-built CMS like WordPress, Joomla for the web development.
I would suggest, if you are new to web design and development then use the CMS (Content Management System). There are so many themes available which you can install and just need to replace your contents.
4. Web Hosting Service - When you will become sure about the platform then search for the web hosting service which is suitable for you. Study and review the web hosting plans of various providers and after that make the list of top three in the list. If it's suitable to you then try the hosting service for some trial period and after that sing-up for the hosting service. ]
Make sure the hosting provider will fulfill your disk space and bandwidth usage.
5. Web design and development - Once you've signed-up for the web hosting service then start the web-design and development.
6. Upload the contents - Upload all the contents under the web hosting service panel.
7. Check the site is running properly or not by adding the entry in the hostfile. So before getting site live, you should make sure it is loading properly or not.
8. Update the nameservers - If testing is done properly then you should update the nameservers for making the site live. You will need to contact your hosting provider for nameservers and for updating them you should contact the domain registrar.
After updating the nameservers, it will take 24 to 48 hours for DNS propagation.
thank you, this is an awesome article but I think for the beginner that would too much of work I didn't master the entire list yet and I can't say that I am the beginner in web dev
Very good information for people just starting out. I have a friend just getting into IM, will be passing this along to him.
Hey! ur post is just damn good.
pretty smart way to approach. thanks for sharing with us. Informative
Very useful guide for begginers, thanks Luka.
As am new to web world i had lot of doubts regarding building a website, but after going through his post i got an idea of how to build a website.
I have a doubt which domain extension is a good choice excluding .com.
This is just Awesome. Keep it next time.
Want to add something. Don't ever try spinning the content. You already said that content is king and I hope you really mean it. Even if you are short of cash, try spinning manually. It'll save some cash compared to producing unique content.
seo is the most important one for traffics but the thing is seo is not for everyone.
There are so many ways to get traffic, SEO is only one of them.
Would love to see you update this someday...
Friends As you know today era is internet era. everyone looking to earn money by internet for this they go on youtube creates on a website and multiple other options are available it is not an easy step to earn money. if you really want to earn money then I will suggest you some ideas. if you want to get these ideas then you should visit on the link.
Thank you for your sharing. It's basic, but really important ones.
Very well written and explained, full of details! Thanks a lot i gotta save this
Nice Information shared this info will helpful who want to make a new website and sell business online.
Personally, I have had a terrible experience with IPage, and will never use them again. Aside from their servers being super slow which hurts SEO greatly, their service and support are pretty bad. I would suggest people look into VPS non-managed hosting, much faster and not very difficult to set up in places like Digital Ocean.
I am using siteground for hosting and till now I had no problem from there side.
And they have a very good live chat system, on which they are very active.
siteground is a good choice if your customers are in USA, Singapore and more because they have their servers in these places, which helps in loading your page fast.
BUT I am using there hosting from last two months only so, I cannot say much.
thank you very much for your guide.
Personally, I even have had a terrible expertise with IPage, and can ne'er use them once more. other than their servers being super slow that hurts SEO greatly, their service and support area unit pretty unhealthy. I might recommend individuals inspect VPS non-managed hosting, abundant quicker and not terribly troublesome to line up in places like Digital Ocean.
Separate names with a comma.