I find that using SEO tools (Xrumer, Scrapebox, SEnukeX etc..) Become less and less valuable in terms of direct linking. So I started a campaign of manual link building with absolutely no blasts to my site. Instead focusing it on a spread number of good quality, unique web 2.0 properties. Keyword Research: I chose a keyword with more than 100,000 Global Searches. Competition: Difficult (On-Site SEO) 1) I started off with basic onsite SEO (Wordpress). 700 words, 4% keyword density, proper onsite SEO, H1 Tag, H2 Tag, H3 Tag, Internal/External link etc.. 2) Uploaded numerous pictures, made sure the image files had my keyword in it. (Keyword.jpg) Offsite SEO Basically with this campaign, I did manual backlinking with web 2.0 properties for 2 weeks. Choosing my favourite web 2.0 properties which has brought me the best results. (All spun content from Article Directories) I also created a YouTube video by going on Google images, typing my keyword and downloading all relevant images. Created a slideshow, uploaded it on YouTube, added link in description to my site, then added the video to every 2.0 property. Plus the images of course. 1) 5 wordpress blogs/day 2) 5 squidoo lenses/day 3) 5 hubpages/day 4) 5 weebly pages/day I added to links to the sites, not yet, Pinged them all and waited for all of them to get indexed first. At the end of a 7 day campaign of manually building web 2.0 properties, I had 140 web 2.0 properties. Content: The content for each web 2.0 includes a minimum of 2000 words, one video, 4 images. All spun content. Next Step, Article Base: Everyday you are allowed to submit 25 articles into Article Base, which is exactly what I did, 5 articles per each web 2.0 property, again all spun articles from directories. I would have a 90% success rate, sometimes rejection due to duplicate content, advertisement. Each article I've added my keyword to increase the KW density aswell as implement one link per article, each article was aiming randomly at one of my web 2.0 properties. Scrapebox: Meanwhile with scrapebox, I had a 100 000 auto approve list of 0 - 3 PR's. I did a blast with my keyword, every URL included. All web 2.0 properties, all article URL's. Had a 80,000/100,000 success rate. SENukeX: Same concept, ran SEnukeX for the full 7 days aiming at random web 2.0 properties. I stuck to the premade templates, the link pyramid. Nothing was aimed directly at my site, on the eigth day all my web 2.0 properties had been indexed. This is where I began linking them all to my site, with 7 tiers. Randomly linking all web 2.0 properties. Results: It's been 2 weeks, I'm currently #4 on Google. Averaging 1.5k - 3k unique visitors just on that keyword. So that's my new SEO method, it's what works for me now all there is left to do is rinse and repeat, until the next Google update. I would also like to mention that I had I've been doing direct blasts, running campaigns with SEnukeX with the same templates I've been using for my 2.0 properties and I've seen my keyword drop in Google DRAMATICALLY. So I would tend to avoid doing that.