1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrapebox Setup Help?

Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO Tools' started by gamingneeds, May 13, 2011.

  1. gamingneeds

    gamingneeds Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    403
    Likes Received:
    83
    Hey everyone,

    So I could use some help setting up scrapebox. I've used it to some degree, but I am far from being a pro.

    It seems there are a lot of different views from what I've read in other threads while trying to learn.

    Basically, I just want to get spam auto-approve links back to some of my small niche sites. I was lucky enough to get 50k blasts from a guy for $10, but he is currently not doing anymore orders.

    It would be nice to be able to blast my sites myself and save the cash over time, but I need to know the kind of setup I need.

    Can I run it on my computer or do I need a VPS? I have a an old P4 (1gb ram), an i5 (6gb ram) and an i7 (8gb ram) in my office.

    How many proxies do I need and where should I get them? The free ones I scrape seem to work OK, about 75% of them continue to perform well while the other 25% eventually start to drag as other people being finding them as well... I've seen people say you need tons, and then another guy would say he only uses 10 and they work great even with heavy use...

    What's the best way to find auto approve blogs? I know people sell lists, but is there a moderate way to scrape them myself?

    I will really appreciate some feedback and thanks in advance for taking a minute to help. :)
     
  2. Kazi_Haque

    Kazi_Haque Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2010
    Messages:
    325
    Likes Received:
    425
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketing
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    search the forum please. you will get all the info about scrapebox you are looking for.
     
  3. gamingneeds

    gamingneeds Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    403
    Likes Received:
    83
    Yeah... thats the reason I posted this thread.

    The more posts I read, the more contradictions that happen. I gave an actual example in my original post.

    I also didn't find anything specifically related to whether or not I could run it on one of my comps instead of a VPS.
     
  4. Kazi_Haque

    Kazi_Haque Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2010
    Messages:
    325
    Likes Received:
    425
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketing
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    if you are confusing by reading other opinions and can't make your own decision then download "ultimate scrapebox advantage" from download section.

    80% people running scrapebox in their own pc. the specification you mentioned enough to run scrapebox in your pc. why you don't try and find out what settings work best for you? it's not about the specification but also depends on your internet connection.

    Her is the setting which i use

    Adjust Maximum Coonection settings

    Google Harvester: 80

    Yahoo Harvester: 80

    Bing Harvester: 80

    AOL Harvester: 80

    Fast Poster: 50

    Proxy Harvester: 100

    Ping Website: 50

    Email Grabber: 10

    Send Trackbancks: 50

    Link Checker: 100

    RSS XML Export: 50

    index checker: 20

    Changer Private Proxies every 20 post

    Domain Name lookup: 10

    Adjust Timeout Setting:

    Harvester Timeout: 90 seconds

    Fast Poster Timeout: 90 Seconds

    Slow Poster Timeout: 20 Seconds

    Link Checker Timeout: 90 Seconds

    Proxy Harvester Timeout: 10 seconds

    Index Cecker Timeout: 30 seconds

    Email Grabber Timeout: 30 Seconds

    it works best for my 2.27 GHz core processor, 8 GB ram 10 mbps internet connection.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. vomang

    vomang Newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2011
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    4
    Kazi: Could you please share something about proxy?
     
  6. gamingneeds

    gamingneeds Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    403
    Likes Received:
    83
    Thanks, I'll try those and go grab that download. :)
     
  7. ahiddenman

    ahiddenman Elite Member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2010
    Messages:
    2,647
    Likes Received:
    2,087
    Location:
    204.15.23.255
  8. Kazi_Haque

    Kazi_Haque Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2010
    Messages:
    325
    Likes Received:
    425
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketing
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    for private proxy i use yourprivateproxy and for public proxy i don't have time to harvest so i subscribed proxy2go lifetime public proxy. works like a charm.:D
     
  9. jharr53301

    jharr53301 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    Messages:
    446
    Likes Received:
    42
    Occupation:
    eBay Power Seller and Internet Sales and Marketing
    Location:
    The Burgh
    This was very helpful thanks