There are a lot questions on the forum about whether or not expired domains can maintain their pagerank after ownership of the domain has changed hands and more importantly whether or not a site can maintain that PR over time and through additional Page Rank updates. Since we just had a PR update at the beginning of the month. I thought it would be worth doing a case study to show that it is indeed possible for a site to retain its PR. ### DISCLAIMER ### The domain I use in this case study is by no means an impressive domain. I would not reveal any of my higher PR expired domains in public as we know things can umm...happen to them when such things are outed. That said it is a perfect example of how a domain can maintain its PR. Just wanted to put this out there before comments are made about this. ### END DISCLAIMER ### Ok, so the domain in question is http://www.yoplait-coupons.info/. It's pretty much a nothing of a domain (ok ok it IS a nothing of a domain). I bought it originally to use for another case study that I never got around to putting together but as it turns out it's still being used for a case study so money well spent Let's take a walk through the pagerank history of this domain: *** June 12, 2011: Pagerank: 1 *** I was able to dig up some pagerank history on this domain through urltrends.com. Here is a screenshot from their last report on this domain on June, 12, 2011: *** March 23, 2012: Pagerank: 1 *** Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot to show the PR at the time I bought the domain but is was a pagerank of 1. Here is a screenshot of the confirmation email from Godaddy showing I had won the auction: *** August 17, 2012: Pagerank: 1 *** Five months later, the PR is still the same. Here is a screenshot I took a few minutes ago: Since this domain was purchased there have been not one but two pagerank updates: (I got this data from pagerankupdates.com) So as you can see this domain has not only maintained its pagerank through an ownership change but also through two PR updates. As for what I have done with the domain: 1) Immediately put an active site up on the domain after winning the auction. It only has one page of content 2) used private whois (have no clue if this really matters but I used it anyway) 3) redirected all other pages that I didn't rebuild back to the homepage (there are wordpress plugins that will handle this for you automatically) 4) threw about 100 or so blog comment links at it (as far as I can tell this neither hurt or helped) That's all I've done. Hope you find this post helpful!