1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on web2.0 and SEO

Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by kharm, Apr 29, 2010.

  1. kharm

    kharm Power Member

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2009
    Messages:
    525
    Likes Received:
    97
    Occupation:
    Entrepreneurship
    I'm making very niche articles, usually based on trends or monetizable keywords, then using web2.0 to boost the article up there quickly and easily.

    I've got 2 questions:

    1) What is the best web2.0 site to get ranked high for a long time for a niche keyword? And one that doesn't moderate heavily because that is a big time-waster.

    2) Other than quick social bookmarking and PINGing, what do you suggest to get powerful or effective links?
     
  2. aftershock2020

    aftershock2020 Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Messages:
    981
    Likes Received:
    477
    Depends if you are going blackhat or not...assuming you are since you are here, you don't have much in the way of alternative options. Seo works either way but it all requires work, there is no one method or action that will get you to the top. It is about constant and consistant generation of information/content, as google is in the ' information ' business and go where it is the newest, freshest and best.

    If you don't keep up the content stream, you are going to get locked behind a dam somewhere.

    Fact: The only thing that looking for the proverbial ' magic bullet ' will do is get you shot in the face from hunting down barrels of loaded guns.

    Sorry man, you have to simply ' do the work ' to keep your site up there. Setting up a website is only 10% of the process...the other 90% is routine work of keeping it on top of the market.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. kharm

    kharm Power Member

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2009
    Messages:
    525
    Likes Received:
    97
    Occupation:
    Entrepreneurship
    Ok well the thing is these are more gateway sites, not sustainable ones. So a burst of 100 UV per day per article should yield some solid results. Currently getting traffic from SEO, possibly twitter, but looking to dominate a niche keyword really thoroughly for a small period of time... the longer the time the better, so if there's a backlink suggestion like RSS or something similar that has worked for someone that's pretty much what i'm looking for.

    BTW aftershock i took your advice from another thread, looking to use some of the SEO success i've had to sell a specific product after finding a killer niche, adsense doesn't pay shit and this could bring much better income
     
  4. aftershock2020

    aftershock2020 Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Messages:
    981
    Likes Received:
    477
    Glad I could help. Wish I could do more on this one for ya.
     
  5. wookie85

    wookie85 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2009
    Messages:
    193
    Likes Received:
    909
    Why dont you do some videos? In smaller niches they stay in google for a while and once it is on the video site it cannot get moderated by some loser moderator that just shoots down all marketing materials on a particular site.