1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lurker turned Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bleezy, Sep 5, 2014.

  1. Bleezy

    Bleezy Newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2014
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    1
    Hey, i am an artist that, every now and again, has fallen on this site and never registered. I got really intrigued by some posts and figured it was time to register and make myself known.

    I am an artist, that is to say that i create stuff. Sound. Visuals. Whatever. My team and i are interested in ways to better promote me, as a human, and the different things i produce.

    I was wondering if any of you had any ideas of what we could do to start drawing people into what we do. I want to change the world, not with music, but music is a start.

    I have seen that there are many different bots, twitter, instagram, and so forth, and think that is a good start, but am interested in other things that we haven't thought of that we should take advantage of.

    Thank you, and hello.
     
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. alexthepbndude

    alexthepbndude Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    262
    Likes Received:
    563
    Occupation:
    Full time PBN builder and optimizer
    Location:
    Top of Google
    I've read an article a while ago that said most new start-ups want to change the world in a way or another, but 99% give up on the idea after the first year! I wish you to stay in the remaining 1%! Keep on reading, networking and taking action you'll find a ton of inspiration on the forum.

    One of the most important things I have discovered throughout the years is knowing exactly WHY you do what you do.

    Welcome to BHW!
     
  3. Bleezy

    Bleezy Newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2014
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    1
    Thank you!

    I've been working towards this goal for 10 years now, and the why has gotten clearer and clearer, to now, it being so clear i honestly feel as though i can't do anything else. I am continually being pulled towards the goal.

    Thank you again for the well wishes. I have learned a lot from the site already.
     
  4. Pilfer7

    Pilfer7 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2012
    Messages:
    383
    Likes Received:
    194
    Location:
    Las Vegas
    Home Page:
    If it's music it is going to have to speak for its self. Meaning you can market your a** off, and you should, but without a decent budget the MAIN thing that is going to push you is the people who love the music.

    So, are you happy with that, the music? Spend some time, a lot figuring out how to market, but spend a good amount of time making sure the music sounds the way you would want it to if it was another artist releasing it and you was hearing it for the first time

    nawmean?
     
  5. Bleezy

    Bleezy Newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2014
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    1
    I completely understand, and yes, i am more than happy with the music. Actually have a few records available on FEEDYOURCITY. Thats the website url so you have to add the normal website stuff. Check it out. Enjoy.

    So again, i am realizing now how important our marketing strategies influence how the music is perceived and received. Just released a record called 'Set Life', we released it on Beyonce's birthday & included her in the cover art. That, coupled with the people we pushed it to, to repost and promote with us, got us the most pickup in the least amount of time yet. I just want to understand ways that we are able to use smart strategies, along with growing our scope.

    Anyone interested in this type of stuff, let me know.
    Anyone enjoy the music, let me know as well!
     
  6. bartosimpsonio

    bartosimpsonio Jr. VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2013
    Messages:
    8,834
    Likes Received:
    7,450
    Occupation:
    ZLinky2Buy SEO Services
    Location:
    ⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩
    Home Page:
    Nice to have more artists onboard. I hope the knowledge found here helps you grow in your industry. Good luck.
     
  7. ironcheese

    ironcheese Newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2014
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketer
    Location:
    UK
    Welcome to the forum Bleezy,

    If your focusing on Branding, then bots are not the way to go. Many artists start with YouTube and Facebook. You can set up a professional YT account, and configure your descriptions to link back to your site and FB account. There's so many FB pages and groups related to music and entertainment, become a regular of their content and get in touch and your views could spread very very quickly.

    The LADS Bible posted that viral video of that spider dog a couple of days ago and by it's second day they hit over 41 million views... Mind Blowing :D