1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long tail targetting confusion???

Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by gingerlyspicy, May 14, 2011.

  1. gingerlyspicy

    gingerlyspicy Junior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2011
    Messages:
    131
    Likes Received:
    10
    Occupation:
    1st yr engineering student lol
    hello supose i choose a set of keywords, suppose 2-3 keywords which i m trying to rank for...consider an example of these set of keywords like make money, make money online, make money online fast (just a random example)

    now i wna choose domain name , makemoney.com aint available neither makemoneyonline.com but makemoneyonlinefast.com is available....

    so what i do is buy makemoneyonlinefast.com....ofcourse the number of searches would vary in the order

    make money > make money online > make money online fast

    so my domain name is the teh one which lowest no. of searches comapred to all 3...still i decide to choose it...

    so now i stack up 6 articles - 2 each on every keyword and i start my link building process, ofcourse i would want to rank for "make money" as it has the highest no. of searches, so basically my question is if i make linsk with anchor as "make money online fast", so obviously it will rank me good for this term, but will this also rank me good for the term "make money" ? will i have to use anchor text as make money while building links to rank for this..wont the anchor make money online fast serve both the purposes and rank me good for both the keywords as teh anchor link make money online fast wil also have the word make money....

    will i have to do 3 different backlink campigns with 3 different anchors to rank for these 3 keywords......

    sry my question is long and must be basic but i m still new :)
     
  2. donArmando

    donArmando Regular Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2010
    Messages:
    407
    Likes Received:
    257
    it depends on competition
    If the competition is low and there isn't any site with the title and the url of the keyword that you are trying to rank than it will be easy to rank. If the competition is hard just check how many backlinks do they have , what kind of seo have they done. Analyzing is the best part of success online.
     
  3. gingerlyspicy

    gingerlyspicy Junior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2011
    Messages:
    131
    Likes Received:
    10
    Occupation:
    1st yr engineering student lol
    still that doesnt answer my question :eek: leave aside the competition :) thats moderate/low thats y i have chosen the keyword :)
     
  4. BHopkins

    BHopkins Moderator Staff Member Moderator Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2010
    Messages:
    2,332
    Likes Received:
    1,398
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    ORM and SEO company owner
    Location:
    California
    Home Page:
    Any domain can rank for any term, not just the terms in your domain name.
     
  5. giganut

    giganut Newbie

    Joined:
    May 14, 2011
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    4
    Normally you would vary the anchor text in your links when making backlinks anyway. If you use your keyword 80% of the time then the other 20% would be the variations of the keyword.

    So using your three keyword variations should help you rank better. As all your keywords include the 'make money' variations I would expect this to get more credit. But obviously the shorter keywords will have more competition so it doesn't necessarily mean that you will rank well for it.

    It would be better to concentrate on the long tail keywords first as having less competition you are likely to rank easier and more importantly the visitors will be more targeted and therefore more likely to buy your product, click your link etc..
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1