1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keyword backlink order?

Discussion in 'Link Building' started by vette09, Jan 24, 2010.

  1. vette09

    vette09 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2009
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    40
    Occupation:
    Traveler
    Location:
    Earth - I travel full time.
    I'm developing a new MNS. I have the main keyword (which the domain is based on) and then about 40 long-tails. The main keyword gets the most searches but also has the most competition. The LTs get fewer searches but have MUCH less competition. Does it make sense to focus 90% (with the other 10% going towards the main word) of my initial backlink push onto the LTs that will be easiest to rank for rather than the main with the idea that ranking in the top-10 for 15-20 words quickly would start driving revenue faster and maybe make ranking the main keyword easier? Or is that just nuts? :)