1. This website uses cookies to improve service and provide a tailored user experience. By using this site, you agree to this use. See our Cookie Policy.
    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Associated Content & Writing Articles' started by Leila, Nov 10, 2009.

  1. Leila

    Leila Registered Member

    Nov 7, 2009
    Likes Received:
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I see a lot of people having trouble with W-9 forms and so on. You may all know this but I'll go ahead and post anyway. As an international freelancer you can get an ITIN from the IRS. An ITIN is basically a number the IRS uses to identify you and you can use it to apply for jobs with places such as DemandStudios.

    I am in the process of getting one now but I highly recommend you use a specialised company to help you as the IRS is a bit funny in terms of paperwork. You will need to submit a certified copy of your passport, a form (I can't remember the exact number of it now) and either an agent letter or a contract with a company showing why you need the ITIN.

    Of course, if you just want to avoid paying taxes all together then this isn't a solution lol. But I thought it may help some people out.