1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can help with ebay selling limits!!!!

Discussion in 'Ebay' started by squishsquash, Dec 23, 2014.

  1. squishsquash

    squishsquash Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2014
    Messages:
    65
    Likes Received:
    5
    I managed to create the perfect story for my stealth account. I set my age to just barely 18 with a PO box. When asked about my name and all, because eBay was unable to find any verification questions, they assumed it was just because I am so young (and I didn't show up in public records). I claimed to be living on a college campus and therefore needed a PO box to keep me and my parent's mail separate. 0 feedback, 2 day old account, $1250 with 25 item limit. Not a bad start at all for such a fresh account. I just wanted to share that discovery with everyone. Best of luck in all your ventures.
     
  2. Tiddlywink19

    Tiddlywink19 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2014
    Messages:
    425
    Likes Received:
    130
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    US
    1250 max selling? That's it? I thought it was higher.
     
  3. Guyabano

    Guyabano Junior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2014
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    39
    Yes, not a heck of a lot but considering many people try and try and keep getting 0/0 limits - not bad at all.

    Good one, squishsquash.
     
  4. ukonline

    ukonline Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    236
    Likes Received:
    39
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Proxy
    Home Page:
    Have you called them ?
     
  5. jmt123

    jmt123 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2014
    Messages:
    257
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    USA
    Home Page:
    This method can work sometimes, but it heavily depends on who you talk to and even then, you would need the perfect situation.

    If you are talking to an overseas rep, they are just reading from a script and 90% of the time after they can't find you in public records they'll either put your account on hold and require verification documents, or just tell you there's nothing they can do in regards to your limits. The other 10% of the time you'll get your limits increased if you can answer some basic questions about your selling plans.

    Talking to a US rep would increase the success rate of this plan, but the particular department which handles limits isn't terribly huge so if you continued to try and use this excuse over and over again I can guarantee that it will eventually stop working. And still, talking to a US rep doesn't guarantee success. I did try this many months ago with a few different test accounts and had mixed results. One rep wouldn't budge on wanting me to submit an ID even after coming up with an excuse that I don't have a license (his response was that it doesn't take too long to go out and get one and doing so would be the only way he could do anything with the account's limits).

    This can be a good thing to try if you already have 0/0 limits and don't have anything to lose, but do know that if you try this with a perfectly good account, the chances of something bad happening are much greater than the good.
     
  6. D4RK KNIGHT

    D4RK KNIGHT Regular Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2012
    Messages:
    420
    Likes Received:
    183
    Lifting selling limits on eBay is so easy to accomplish.
     
  7. xxrob511

    xxrob511 Newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    1
    Interesting method
     
  8. backstreet boys

    backstreet boys Newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2014
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    2
    i think selling limits are overrated bigtime
     
  9. squishsquash

    squishsquash Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2014
    Messages:
    65
    Likes Received:
    5
    Yes, the rep I talked to was definitely from the US. I'm sure that was helpful. And yes, I called with a notepad full of the fake info I had created right in front of me.
     
  10. kevcole12

    kevcole12 Newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2014
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    2
    Might have to try this out. Thanks OP!
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1