Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by neteater, Apr 17, 2010.
i own a domain studentlife.co.in with some seo,how much i can expect from this domain if i sell this
i'd say you could snatch a rupee or two with it..
I see this question all of the time here...
The answer is simple. You base the number of how much to sell it for by the target niche it is created/intended for. The price is also based on the content and success of where you get the site to at the point you try to sell it.
IF it isn't live, operational, ranked and productive, you will bee looking at maybe double the cost of the original fee you paid to get the domain name in the first page from the registry...at BEST, double.
If you build it up into a well ranked, successful and profitable operating business venture, you can flip it for thousands of dollars, depending on the income it generates, as the average rule of thumb is to sell it for half of the annual profit you are currently generating from it as revenue.
Most people don't like to do what it takes, as they are lazy and buy up domains and expectto flip them for a profit. You can't seriously make an income off of this style of flipping. If people say they make a living doing it that way, they are 99% of the time liars, as they may sell them in bulk batches but they don't make a consistant residual income from it.
Think of domain flipping/selling as an internet real estate venture. The more features the domain/site has to go with it, the more value it demands for the resell market. In the case of the internet, it is all about getting the following elements:
* being in a desirable niche market, with lots of natural search traffic.
* being seo'd well and ranking on the top page of the SE for the most potential exposure.
* being successful in product/service offers within the target niche market(s) and EARNING REAL PROFITS from those efforts.
* being a well-respected, authority building site that isn't attached to any illegal activity or history, such as spamming, TOS violation history of social and web 2.0 properties, etc.
* having stable, unique and REAL, targeted niche market and keyword content that pulls in value and traffic to the site, not loading it with stuffed crap and ad junk.
I make the investments all the time and have no problem with getting $2,500 for a new property, upto $18,000 for a pet niche business that I sold recently. With a little effort, it isn't hard to do.
The question I ask of you now is...What do you think you can expect from selling your property, knowing just how many of those elements you actually have in place right now?
thanks for you valuable suggetion i think i need to work more on my site currently i am having a vistor base of 1500-2000 per month i hope increasing this will help me in earning more
Separate names with a comma.