Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by 789abc, Jan 14, 2012.
I just made a PC game, so how to market my game?
link to my game: http://quazu.blogspot.com
Social Media Marketing is most powerful.
hire/outsource some game testers and let them inform you about their reviews then do some seo/smo or whatever method you prefer
Start posting in gaming forums.You can hire forum posters also if you have some money.
go to gaming forum or perhaps you can sell it to people who have game website as a premium content
faace book ads
Try www.rockpapershotgun.com - if they like and feature it you should get a ton of traffic/players
do you think this is a game? don't make me laugh kid. thats a poor tutorial to help you start your game programming please... give us a rest. and remember. you can't market shit in any way effectively.
make a decent game first and then try to monetize it.
*edit: i don't want to be a complete dick so here it is. mochimedia, kongregate and newsgrounds. happy?
1) Add to your game a password that unlocks some features that add more fun to the gameplay (making the game more addicting)
2) Upload your password to different file sharing sites, where your users need to fill in surveys....and you get paid
3) Go to entertainment/gaming/movie/warez/torrent and other popular forums (google for "big boards")...
4) Offer to some members of those forums free passwords in exchange of their signature space
5) Change passwords every week and collect money...
This all will work only if your game is unique and addicting...
Honestly, it's not worth marketing. You have a client based download of a game that people can play thousands of variants for free online.
First and foremost, you need to do something in flash. Unless you're doing a mobile game, or something in a heavy 3d engine, it's not worth making a client based game. Especially considering the amount of hurdles you're already putting in front of potential players (installing the .net framework etc..). Try out the flixel game engine (flash based). It lets you make games fast and easily.
Hope this helps.
Separate names with a comma.