Discussion in 'PHP & Perl' started by anonymust, Jun 13, 2013.
How can I get a php script to run on twitter to get emails from tweets?
Do you have much scripting experience? There are a handful of pre-built twitter oauth classes out there that will allow you to connect to twitter and then you can connect and see what data you can mine from their APIs
I have some c++ coding skills.
but not familiar with twitters API at all.
What you'll want to do is look at Twitter's API documentation located here: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1
1. Register an application/dev account
2. Create a basic application to fetch users and store them in a text file or database (choose whatever is easier for you - I usually opt for databases since it's easier to select EXACTLY what you want)
3. Scrape a ton of user id's
4. Scrape their followers/people they follow
5. Loop through each user ID's feed and try to match them against a "valid email" regular expression to parse out real emails instead of "@username" targets/mentions
6. Log all the emails to a database
I finally found the name of the twitter class I use. It is open source and was pretty simple to hook up vs writing my own. Here is a link to the project. sourceforge.net/projects/codebird-php.codebird.p/files/
The Twitter names hold no relation to the email on file. You must get the person to authorize you to mine their email.
Separate names with a comma.