1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay final fees BS

Discussion in 'Ebay' started by Joshshosh, Aug 7, 2017.

  1. Joshshosh

    Joshshosh Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2017
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    Ok so i made an ebay account and sold digital items like games but i sold only like 2 things that were complete no problems till like my 3rd buyer told me hours after i gave him the code for the game he bought from me saying someone hacked his paypal and ebay to buy digital items thinking nothing of it gave him a refund. long story short i got to about my 10th listing and all before the 10th one people made me give refunds do to "them not buying that product someone hacked them" then i get the ebay bill for the fees and read it and it says $150 and i only sold 2 items and every other item i gave a refund on. My paypal has an old cc on it no social security number connected to it not even my real address so what are my options cause $150 for only selling 2 things is bullshit in my opinion if it was not that much i was going to pay it like around $50 max but wtf man i tried even showing ebay i refunded all the items except 2 so....... im stuck
     
  2. Jure321

    Jure321 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    17
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    IM Newbie
    Location:
    Croatia
    Home Page:
    Did you talk to support?
     
  3. Joshshosh

    Joshshosh Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2017
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    yep they said talk to paypal which makes 0 sense
     
  4. oatmeal

    oatmeal Regular Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2015
    Messages:
    245
    Likes Received:
    11
    Yeah, ebay's final value fees are crazy high (9%) I believe and of course the 5% from paypal so we are looking at total of 14%. I guess we should just look
    at that as "tax" since that's around the rate of taxes anyways.

    I'm not sure exactly but if you sent your refunds to the buyers via paypal, you don't get your final value fees on ebay credited back to you. I believe you only get the ebay final value fees if you either cancelled/refunded the transaction on ebay's site itself.

    You might want to double check that...I could be wrong but I think that's what I remember. Also, Paypal and Ebay have separated so they aren't the same company anymore.
     
  5. Joshshosh

    Joshshosh Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2017
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    This is bullshit man i also refunded all the refunds through ebay not paypal they still want me to pay it im really not about to pay it cause i got fake info and nothing about me or a valid card for paypal anymore so idk what should i do
     
  6. SensualTyrannosaurus

    SensualTyrannosaurus Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    360
    Likes Received:
    251
    Occupation:
    Machinegun Troller
    Location:
    Conducting an LoL Shaped Ambush
    Home Page:
    Dude, if you're not connected, then walk away.
     
  7. super11

    super11 Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2009
    Messages:
    1,140
    Likes Received:
    338
    Occupation:
    Full time Online
    Location:
    Home
    i used to work for one of their associate companies about 10 years back. I don't know if rules are changed or not. Let's say, I get your case, I had some authority to waive off certain part of the fee, and if forwarded to senior, some more fees could be waived off. That's how it worked in the past. I don't know how it works now. Of course, they will send you some automated template response few times before considering any waiver after you pestering them.

    Also, these days its a pain to reach ebay. They close tickets on half complete cases also. so it would be more difficult now.