1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a vpn to access my website server for safety

Discussion in 'Domain Names & Parking' started by RJ3020, Jul 23, 2017.

  1. RJ3020

    RJ3020 Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    1
    Gender:
    Male
    rsz_1new_bitmap_image.jpg
    My first thread :)
     
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. MisterF

    MisterF Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2009
    Messages:
    6,263
    Likes Received:
    4,766
    Occupation:
    Conference Organiser, Business Advisor.,
    Location:
    JADIP
    Home Page:
    Safety against who/what ?
     
  3. mrankin

    mrankin Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1,262
    Likes Received:
    577
    Location:
    Australia
    Home Page:
    If you want to stay anonymous then a proxy would work just fine, much cheaper than a VPN.
     
  4. RJ3020

    RJ3020 Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    1
    Gender:
    Male
    I am trying to write with details but a pop up saying it is spam.
     
  5. Sardosa

    Sardosa Regular Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    Messages:
    294
    Likes Received:
    59
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Occupational management
    Location:
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Home Page:
    Yes. also you'll need keyboard film, screen protection, mouse sanitizer and daily UV treatment
     
  6. RJ3020

    RJ3020 Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    1
    Gender:
    Male
    Man, I can't write anything more and it saying "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like bla bla"
     
  7. RJ3020

    RJ3020 Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    1
    Gender:
    Male
    rsz_1new_bitmap_image.jpg
     
  8. virtualpurity

    virtualpurity Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    Messages:
    720
    Likes Received:
    415
    Occupation:
    SEO, Hosting
    Location:
    /root
    Home Page:
    Cpanel itself keeps IP logs. It doesnt mean that if the hosting company gets hacked that your IP will be leaked, it can be your own website that could leak your IP.

    To get even deeper even if you use a VPN and you are doing something you should not be doing, than you should know that 80% of the VPN companies are obligated to keep logs as well, the rest 20% are hard to come by.

    Your safest bet is using private socks + VPN if you are that paranoid.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. RJ3020

    RJ3020 Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    1
    Gender:
    Male
    So, there is no chance of leaking my ip if hosting company gets hacked? What if hosting company wants to sell my ip info? Or may be i'm a bit of more worry
    Any way thanks man
     
  10. bdman

    bdman Jr. VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1,118
    Likes Received:
    254
    Gender:
    Male
    Really? never heard about it before.

    If you do illegal thing then hide your every info, ( payment processor, address, IP etc)
     
  11. virtualpurity

    virtualpurity Jr. VIP Jr. VIP

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    Messages:
    720
    Likes Received:
    415
    Occupation:
    SEO, Hosting
    Location:
    /root
    Home Page:
    What if a huge comet hits the earth and we all die ?
    On a more serious note if you are paranoid than use what i mentioned above.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1