Discussion in 'Social Networking Sites' started by gold33, Jan 6, 2014.
Anyone know of a tool that will do this in bulk?
excel macros, for example
Any guidance on how to do that?
Tell us with example ... what you are looking for ?
May be I can help you ...
I just have lists of username IDs that need to be converted to usernames. I found a script on metadatascience but haven't had any luck getting it to work. It just returns the username ID followed by: accountredirect_by_id where it should display the username.
What quantity are we talking?
If you're having trouble you could hire somebody to do it for you.
A pretty large quantity. Unfortunately Twitter Money Bot only scrapes Username IDs, but in order to use the Tweet Poster included in the software you need an actual username. I'm surprised more users of the software haven't documented the problem and found a solution.
For anyone attempting this, here's what I ended up doing:
1. Copy the list of scraped User IDs into Excel starting with cell A1.
2. In B1 put this formula in the first cell: ="url of twitter/account/redirect_by_id/"&A1
3. Copy that all the way down the rest of the column.
4. Now, let's make the hyperlinks usable. In C1 copy this formula: =HYPERLINK(B1). Copy that down the column as well.
6. Use WinAutomation or another macro recorder of your choosing to record a macro in which you open a URL in your browser, copy the redirected url now containing the usernames we've been looking for, paste those in D1 and repeat. Once you're finished just remove all instances of "url of twitter" using the find and replace tool and voila, a list of just usernames. Of course, use a proxy if you're going to do a ton of these. Enjoy!
Sorry, my account's too new to post direct URLs, thus the "url of twitter" lines
Separate names with a comma.