1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Traffic

Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO' started by AffiliatesGetPaid, Jul 5, 2012.

  1. AffiliatesGetPaid

    AffiliatesGetPaid Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2012
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    Someone emailed me to purchase traffic to my site.

    If I purchase traffic, what are the negative consequence I might experience through Google?

    Also, how are they able to send 5k visitors in one day?

    My site is ecomm, will the visitors buy from me?

    Thanks
     
  2. travisle

    travisle Junior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2011
    Messages:
    101
    Likes Received:
    58
    Occupation:
    Director of Marketing
    Location:
    ekwity.com
    In my experience, and in most other (if not all) people, buying traffic is a waste of time and money if you are looking for buyers. The traffic most likely comes from either bots, popunders (not buyer traffic) or expired domains (also not much buyer traffic there).

    You probably wouldn't see much of a negative consequence in google, at least most people don't. But then again we never know what's going on at google.

    Hope this helps.
     
  3. illfounded21

    illfounded21 Senior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2011
    Messages:
    1,147
    Likes Received:
    1,168
    Location:
    UK
    Bought traffic won't convert to sales.
     
  4. PatrickLSO

    PatrickLSO Newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    5
    Occupation:
    Customer Service Representative
    Location:
    Santa Barbara, CA
    They 99.99% won't buy from you. It is about 40% chance its all bots from the guy. So of the 60% left, probably about .03% are interested in whatever you are selling/in the US. Buying traffic is very rarely the right thing.


    Also it won't hurt your site in Google's eyes, probably.

    If you want to buy traffic, use Google Adwords so you can get targeted visitors.
     
  5. paulwilliams972

    paulwilliams972 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2012
    Messages:
    370
    Likes Received:
    37
    Location:
    Tester World
    i know traffic is important but 5k visitors in one day, sound odd. i will advice for traffic only focus on this point some On-site Optimization, Regularly updated section on homepage, User-friendly permalinks/URL,Produce linkable pages
    Video sitemap ,Press release and news submission,Image and infograph distribution or link building through image, submissions/bookmarking, Brand monitoring,Google Product Search Optimization. Not buy traffic.
     
  6. markhenry121

    markhenry121 Elite Member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    2,149
    Likes Received:
    239
    I think buying traffic not direct convert to real visitor means not to sales because 5k visitor one day that means per visitor less then sec. that's means you not get any real visitor who's buy you products. I will suggest not buying traffic focus on only creating quality backlinks.
     
  7. futurestic06

    futurestic06 Supreme Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    Messages:
    1,204
    Likes Received:
    146
    they are of low quality. and if you use adsense in your site then you can be in a great problem.
     
  8. Needalead

    Needalead BANNED BANNED

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2012
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    109
    Do campaign runs, like targeted visitors that are actually real. Buying junk traffic is lame & not a good cause. I have found many people who have sold traffic are just there to make a fast buck in the higher volumes. They don't last that long either.
     
  9. darkmalice

    darkmalice Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2012
    Messages:
    75
    Likes Received:
    27
    Might help with your alexa ranking but not your sale conversions as I have found, also be wary as some traffic may not be adsense safe and lead to your adsense account being banned (also found that out the hard way).