1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bot network business idea.

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by adf23aadf23adsf23adf, May 7, 2012.

  1. adf23aadf23adsf23adf

    adf23aadf23adsf23adf Newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2012
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    3
    Here is my business idea that I've been thinking about.

    Just wanted to share it here to see what others think.

    So the idea is to create a consensual bot network. What this means is that people will download and install a program on their computer. This program will be able to perform a variety of tasks such as watching a youtube video, writing a preprogrammed comment, upvoting a link on digg/reddit, and performing other tasks. All tasks will look as if a normal human is doing it and nothing will be done in excess (to prevent detection/ip ban). The people who run this program will get paid for each task the program performs. Which will encourage them to install and run this program. Once installed and configured the program will be completely passive. The user will be able to completely configure what tasks they perform. If they don't want the program to perform a specific task then they can disable it. You could also install it on other computers such as your work computer, your friend's computer etc and get money from their computer too since it would all be based on unique IPs.

    I will then sell a variety of services to clients. Examples could be 10,000 youtube video views, 1000 youtube thumbs up, 100 youtube comments, 1000 reddit upvotes, 500 digg votes, stumble a url and many other such tasks. I will keep 30% of the revenue and the other 70% will go to people who have the program installed. If I sell a service for 30$, I will keep 9$ and the other 21$ will go to pay the people with the bot programs running.

    Thoughts?
     
  2. ohaider

    ohaider Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2011
    Messages:
    821
    Likes Received:
    426
    Occupation:
    Referring, CPA, Making Money
    Location:
    NJ
    Well, I must say that would be quite an undertaking, but it is honestly a FANTASTIC idea. I wish I had the coding skill to help or do it myself. Quite honestly I would try to cheat the system and have them access my sites for varying amounts of time for Adsense cash lol (especially my medical sites).
     
  3. JACOb5

    JACOb5 Junior Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2012
    Messages:
    125
    Likes Received:
    52
    Occupation:
    Full time student - part time web designer
    Location:
    South Africa
    Home Page:
    Yeah this could work.. I think its a good idea.. Only problem is to get the bot working..

    Samsung Galaxy S2 and Tapatalk.
     
  4. Dollwin

    Dollwin Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2012
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    4
    Ideally this is amazing, but who in their right mind would allow someone potential unconditional control of their computer?
     
  5. laowai

    laowai Power Member

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Messages:
    522
    Likes Received:
    184
    I think that you would need to have a huge user base as well customer base in order to make this work. Think, for 10000 unique YouTube views you would need 10000 users and each of them would get paid something like $0.005 for that view. In order them to collect even $5 would mean that you would need to sell 5000 YouTube packages which their bot could view. Or did I miss something...