Discussion in 'My Journey Discussions' started by JWQQQ, Feb 24, 2013.
--Wrote 1 blogpost
--Queued 300 x 2 pictures on Tumblr.
--Spent 3 hours reading about tiered link building, made a rough sketch of my plan.
--Started to improve my Facebook page, posted some pictures, which have gotten some likes and shares. Commented on some other sites with my page account. Some FB traffic to my site.
- Improved on-site
- Finished post processing 100 pictures from 5 of my latest trips, which are pretty good, and will probably get some decent traffic from forums and Flickr.
- Opened Pinterest account
- Opened wordpress.com and Blogger blogs. Added a few articles (unique) and made then look decent. Will let them sit for a while, before I begin makin backlinks and link to my main site (need to read some more on link building)
- Started to rank my Youtube videos with social and link pyramid from YT
- Wrote one article I will spin to semi-unique and post to some article sites.
Else, traffic wise, most of my traffic is from travel forums. Increase in shared posts on my blog. Some more traffic from Google Images, where I rank pretty well for some terms!
Made 1$ with adsense, my first dollar on this site haha.
Congrats on the first $. Everything starts small, keep learning and never give up. Good luck on your journey
Thanks! I owe you guys in here a big thanks for making this knowledge available!
2 more $ from Adsense today ... So we're up to 3 dollars. It seems like most of my clicks pay pretty well. It is strange, when I start to get some money rolling in (even just 3 dollars, you get the "scale the shit up" feeling haha).
I've done some experimenting today. I basically take all photos tagged with niche relevant KWs fram Instagram, then I get them into my Google Drive account. I manually go over them and delete spam and non-relevant content, before I upload them in bulk to Tumblr.
So far today, I have gone from 0 to 30 followers, and some of my photos are up to 60 reblogs. I started a new account with a semi-relecant niche today.
I am currently writing my master thesis, so I try to block out time for both school; IM and my job. So I will work more on this on Thursday. I will then write some great forum posts (tutorial style) where I backlink to my site. I like the forum traffic, as it is hughly targeted, and it gives a lot of comments and shares on my site.
My Facebook page is slowly building up likes, 37 so far (not included the 50 i bought from Fiverr .... )
They all backlink to relevant articles at my site, and even though it is junk traffic so to speak, they visit on average 2.3 sites which I think is pretty good (I guess a lot of people click on the pictures by mistake).
Edit: I use two iMacro script for Tumblr, which I found in here. One for autofollow, and one for autolike. Works like a charm, as I now have several tumblrs on autopilot (Tumblr is my main source next to a few forums).
- Wrote one more blogpost.
- Some FB activity, but no new followers. Think I'll add some pictures there, has worked before ... When people like them, they'll show up in their feed and create some virality
- Created a Wordpress.com picture blog, with optimized pictures in terms of alt and caption, linking to my blog. Pinning all of them on Pinterest. Got some decent traffic to my Wordpress blog, but not my main blog yet.
- Added Adsense to one of my Tumblrs, with a niche semi-related to mine. About half and half of the pictures link back to my main blog, while the other half links back to the tumblrsite. Found out that I can reblog and change the click through in Safari, but not in Chrome or FF.
This particular tumblog has started pretty well, 200 followers in less than 2 days, mostly original content and a few reblogs. Think the reason is a popular niche, a catchy name (not a "kw name") and personal branding (it is a "personal blog" of some person that doesen't exist). Following 200 people a day, and liking a few hundred posts. All ad placements are good in terms of Adsense TOS. Will consider a tld for this one if it continues this good.
At the same time, I've changed my tumlr HTML, added some ad-boxes on the side and bottom between last post and pagination. Blend them well in. Added tags under the pictures, and posted some textual content, to feed Adsense som KW (they showed pretty crappy stuff before, not related at all). Have a ctr of about 2% which I think is pretty good considering it is crap traffic.
- Earnings since yesterday:
--- Blog, Adsense 1.02$
--- Tumblr, Adsense 4.40$
Today I will work on some of my "flaggship posts", open op accounts at a few forums, and write some good content there. Takes a bit of time, English isn't my daily language ... But that is also one of the reasons I blog; to learn English and improve my writing.
Separate names with a comma.