Discussion in 'Blogging' started by wolfnine, Oct 5, 2019.
What are some tips for newbie bloggers? Thank you!!
just focus on the niche you are going to write about, if you just wanna make money out of it, spin the articles pretty good so you will be able to apply for adsense
other than that choose between WP and other platforms.
id recommend WP
do you write as a hobby or as a job?
if you do it as a hobby, just write what you feel and never discouraged about the visitor.
if you do it as a job, make sure you're diligent and upload fresh content as frequent as possible.
do keyword research before you write anything. dont shoot in the dark.
I guess I can give you hundreds of tips I learned duing my 10+ years of blogging. But I won't do that. Because a simple Google search for blogging related tips will bring lots of results with lots to different tips. You can easily find out about them. I will give you the important tips i feel is crucial for success in blogging.
Most bloggers start blogging thinking about making money. If you are in this category, make sure that you are not going to make any in first 2 years of blogging. I know blogging is hard if you are trying to make money out of it. If you can still continue blogging after 2 years, there is chance that you may earn a little bit of money.
Blogging takes time. It takes time to build a following and audience. Search engines will also take time to understand your contents and rank them for proper keywords. What's important that you don't quit. If you quit, you fail. Remember there are multi-millionaire bloggers. But more than 95% bloggers leave blogging in first 6 months.
If you are blogging to make money, give it time to grow. You can certainly make it big if you just stick to it. I will also suggest you not to run any blog on multiple different topics. Instead run a blog that caters to a spefic niche audience. If you are niche is small, it will be easier to grow as the competition will be lower.
And if you are not blogging for money, you seriously need any tips. Because you have a passion and this passion will keep you going always.
You can get all your answers by reading newbibe guide.
Build your blog around existing conversations.
Create content that deepens the conversation and also extends it to different platforms
Also, it helps to blog for BRANDING instead of just money.
The money will come.... if you build a BRAND
Learn keyword research and SEO and then start.
Depends a lot on what exactly is your end goal and what type of blogging you have in mind like creating blogging, travel etc
Learn how to SEO structure your blog
I appreciate you reaching out and giving advice, which I do not want to tackle, but I cannot agree with everything you just wrote. It does take time to build something valuable, but to say that it takes 2 years before you earn is simply not true. I was earning money within 2 months of finishing my website. If it takes 2 years for you to earn a penny you're doing something terribly wrong and you're most likely not motivated to make money from a blog.
To OP I'd like to say: make sure to write good content and I would advice to get social traffic which is always a big plus.
Good question. When blogging, it is important to focus on SEO writing. the content needs to be SEO optimized. If you focus on that, you will come very far.
read, apply, fail , try again the only way you will get good at it
Here are a few tips I would give based on the stage of blogging:
Before starting your blog:
1. Perfect your writing skills - write daily, signup on freelance websites (like Freelancer, Narrato.io, UpWork, etc.) to get continuous projects.
2. Expand your vocabulary - never stop doing this, learn every day.
3. Learn to write SEO optimized content - this has become a non-negotiable now.
Starting your blog:
1. Finalize a niche/theme/topic for your blog - see what you're good at, what topic moves you?, something you can educate the world about, OR it could be a company blog.
2. Conduct keyword research activity to find out the most used terms by your potential readers
3. Research on your website/hosting partners - there are tons of options available (eg. Bluehost, GoDaddy, Wix, WordPress, etc.). Find the one that is easy-to-use for you and the one that's affordable.
4. Design your blog - keep it simple
5. Write your first post.
After you've started:
1. Promote your blog post - newsletter, social media, guest posts - promote, promote, promote. There's a wonderful post by Brian Dean (from Backlinko) on this subject (do read).
2. Grow traffic - follow Neil Patel, Backlinko and other marketing gurus to learn how you can get more digital footfall on your blog.
Hope this helps.
Separate names with a comma.