First of all, I know this is not the place to come for legal advice...Seriously now. But I am curious to see if anyone in here has any experience with with what I've got going on. Seeing how this is a black hat community, I can't imagine nobody else has gone through this. I recently did some keyword research and found a highly searched keyword with very low competition, and the emd was available. The keyword/emd was a mis-spelling/variation of a major national retailer, although it could be interpreted as it's own separate company name as well. Basically, it wasn't really a mis-spelling, as much of people searching for the wrong name. An example would be Fred Meyers, but instead people are searching for Freddy Meyers or Frederick Meyers. It's not a mis-spelling, as much as the consumer simply not knowing the name of the company. I went ahead and purchased the domain, and created a website in the same niche as the national retailer. While the colors of the website are similar, the colors used to brand are quite different, and the logos are not the same at all (the main color of the website is green, but I used a very differetn color of green). The website has been up for a month or two now and I'm just starting to get some good organic traffic. Today I received a letter from domainsbyproxy informing me that the national retailer is claiming copyright trademark infringement. In the letter, they explain how it is clear my website is made to confuse visitors into thinking it is the national retailer and that I must transfer the domain and all social media accounts to the national retailer or they will simply take me to court and take it from me. I don't really have any money to fight a national retailer in court over a website I've spent about 40-60 hrs on, but I'm really ticked off about losing everything and getting nothing. There is the cost of the domain, the cost of my time, the cost multiple marketing campaigns, and of course the cost of a $20 godaddy admin fee for telling me there are pending legal complaints. And they just want me to give it to them! I am prepared to give it all up for the sake of not having to deal with this, and without a leg to stand on, I don't really have a choice....But I would love to hear if anyone has experienced something like this, or even if someone actually has knowledge in this area, it would be great to hear your opinion. I can provide further details to anyone who actually knows what they are talking about. But like I said, I am not here for legal advice, I am here to see if any of you can just shed some valuable light on these types of situations. I have already spoken to my lawyer, who is looking over the letter right now, but there's not much to it when you don't have the money to fight a multi-billion dollar company. Clearly it's my mistake, and I honestly had a good idea something like this would happen...so I'm not too surprised. Thoughts?