I also am in the market for getting a few thousand of the locations I have listed and verified within Google Maps. Please PM me if you can provide this service and/or teach how to do it.
+1 - definitely a great way to prove your skills. Or build like 3 sites, and sell all the leads to them on a per-lead basis. If they ever try to fire you, you just sell the leads to someone else, and they lose a large portion of their business.
I've had great success including a FAQ section on my own websites, and using a Table of Contents model for linking within the page to it. It adds a ton of relevant content, and will often rank for a large number of related searches locally with that type of info on the page.
Don't worry as much about search volume #'s, and instead specifically target the kinds of questions and issues that people are searching for locally. In the local SEO world, Google's numbers are hardly ever accurate, even when you search within a specific geographic location. This is because...
More sites = more real estate. I've had local niches where my 3 business fronts have had a combined 2/3 of web results, local listings, videos and Web 2.0's. Get as much visibility as you can.
Also Analytic Call Tracking > Callrail if you plan on doing more than 10 numbers, as the cost goes...
From what I've concluded, Google is really cracking down on every type of verification besides the postcard (which they find the most authoritative). Phone would be nice to use, but from what I've seen, only fairly authoritative accounts can have that option. Then there is the Webmaster Tools...
Ya, different pages for each location is definitely the way to go. Then if you can get Google Maps listings towards each page, you're in business.
Does your client have physical locations at each? If so, that makes things much easier for the verification side of things.
Sounds like it's getting sandboxed hard. I'm always amazed at how much Google local weighs in business / site age into the mix. With some of my more authoritative clients, rankings were super easy. But new businesses just have things tough right now it seems like.
Give it time though, it'll...
I've also found that the lead-generation capabilities of these multi-location type networks are also killer. One network of mine is up to about $8k per month with this technique.
Instead of spreading things out to so many pages, I'd do location-specific pages, and then cover all of your sub-topics on that page. The pages will be more "pilar" authority pages, and also able to handle local citations and maps listings in the future. I'd also do a table-of-contents for the...
Saturation is a super relative phrase. There is still MASSIVE opportunity in the local space, it just depends on positioning. Businesses will hire based on results, so if you can deliver customers to them, it's an easy sell. Will western companies trust cold solicitations via email from firms in...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.