Recent content by Bigslap

  1. Bigslap

    Anyone Seeing Weird Drops in Blog Traffic currently ?

    I got spooked by a weird dip too but found out a bunch of my pages got accidentally deindexed, probably from too many minor site changes at once. Double-checked sitemaps and re-requested indexing, which bumped some traffic back. Also worth peeping impressions in Google Search Console - sometimes...
  2. Bigslap

    blog comment backlinks

    I usually treat blog comments like appetizers, not the main course for backlinks. If my comments are funny or useful, sometimes I get clicks and even new connections from real folks instead of just Google bots. I steer clear of dumping links on random blogs since that’s a one-way ticket to...
  3. Bigslap

    What is the best way to improve content quality for any kind of website in 2026?

    Running into a wall with stale content? What’s worked for me is setting a monthly reminder to go back and update older posts with fresh info or trends from this year. Sometimes tossing in a simple FAQ or diagram makes a page way stickier. If you notice folks bouncing quick, try jazzing up the...
  4. Bigslap

    My traffic collapse turned out to be a missing analytics tag. What do you check first?

    Been there, sweating over graphs for nothing. These days, first thing I do is pop open Tag Assistant or a browser plugin to double-check if my analytics pixels are still kicking before looking anywhere else. Sometimes a dodgy plugin update or a hasty site tweak unplugs everything behind your...
  5. Bigslap

    Content Length in 2026 - Does Word Count Still Matter or Is It All About Intent?

    Nailed it with the idea of checking what’s already ranking before rolling up your sleeves. I’ve seen my shorter guides pull in way more clicks than the long-winded ones, as long as they cut to the chase. People don’t have time for word salads in 2026, so a tight structure and hitting key points...
  6. Bigslap

    How to Recover if you were hit by the 2024 March HCU : A Strategy I haven't seen discussed anywhere

    Ran into nearly the same issue after getting blindsided by the March update, so I totally feel the pain. Domain age for these buys seems to be a real secret weapon lately, but don’t forget to check for any weird backlinks or old spam before moving content or you could just end up swapping one...
  7. Bigslap

    The “Topical Gravity” Method – How Small Blogs Outrank Authority Sites in 2026

    Chiming in, I always double-check for overlapping topics in my own site using a mind map before whipping up a cluster, keeps things from getting tangled and helps my internal links flow way more naturally. Lately I’ve started adding short FAQs at the bottom of each article too - somehow Google...
  8. Bigslap

    Blogging 4 basic doubts, seniors please guide

    If I were you, I'd give Rank Math a spin for its easy setup - less hair-pulling for newbies. Micro-niches are gold if you want Google to notice you faster. I saw better traction once I niched down hard instead of writing about everything under the sun. Keeping a stash of drafts handy also helps...
  9. Bigslap

    Best Simple Way to Research a Niche?

    I've had solid luck spying on what questions people keep repeating in Facebook groups too, especially newer ones - those gaps are gold mines before anyone else crowds in. Niche down by stacking two random interests, like “fitness” plus “pet owners,” in Google and see what pops up. If there’s...
  10. Bigslap

    Do you focus on search volume or search intent first?

    Totally feel you on this debate since I've been in those shoes. I used to chase flashy keywords, but folks would bounce faster than I could say “SEO.” Switched gears and started digging into what readers were actually after, and suddenly comments and shares picked up. If you’re just starting...
  11. Bigslap

    Suggest Me a Simple Frontend Developer Roadmap

    I learned fast that hands-on projects are where the real lessons stick, way more than tutorials. Git tripped me up in the beginning, but now I can't imagine working without it. React is everywhere these days, but sticking with JavaScript patterns made picking up other frameworks way less scary...
  12. Bigslap

    What are the best SEO plugins for WordPress blogs?

    I’ve shelled out cash for pro blog content before and found that chunking a bit of your budget toward link building and social media promo makes a big difference in actually getting eyeballs on your posts. Solid writing gets you in the game, but a sprinkle of off-page SEO and regular checks on...
  13. Bigslap

    Are We Choosing Topics Based on Trends Instead of Real Value?

    If I see something blowing up on social in 2026, I’ll write a quick post to catch the wave, but I always tuck in links to my older, evergreen stuff while I’m at it. Feels like letting the trendy traffic stumble onto my best guides kills two birds with one stone. Tracking with analytics helps me...
  14. Bigslap

    Google updates in 2026 ?

    It’s wild how sometimes you wake up and your rankings have done the cha-cha with zero warning from Google. I keep a log of traffic swings and small changes just in case, and sometimes you can piece together patterns even without announcements. For me, obsessing over signals feels like chasing...
  15. Bigslap

    ivno.io — Completed Payments, Missing Funds, No Explanation

    That platform’s support has given me a headache before too, so you’re not alone. I always double-check the transaction hash and screenshot every step, just in case things go south. Sharing those receipts with support sped things up for me once, so it might help turn their “maybe” into a proper...
Back
Top