Where to find Expired Corporation Names which were Regustered in USA ?

Discussion in 'Business & Tax Advice' started by anil2006, Oct 18, 2015.

  1. anil2006

    anil2006 Power Member

    Mar 12, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Where i can find corporation names which are expired and ready to register . They should have been registered in USA in past and now are expired and available for registration by anyone .

    Thanks In Advance :)
  2. alitarafdar

    alitarafdar Newbie

    Nov 29, 2011
    Likes Received:
    You'll need to refer to the Secretary of State websites for the State that you wish to purchase the aged and expired corporation from. Unlike domains, it's important to keep in mind that once you've acquired such corporations, the management (which will be you) resets along with the corporation making it like brand new. This is strongly applicable when requesting funding.

    Also, when you search out these corporations, you'll need to use variations such as starting a search with the letter "a" then "b" etc. Once you've found the ideal company, you'll probably need to reach out the original owners with interest to purchase, so long as you're willing to pay the state filing fees to bring it up to date (which can be expensive depending on the age that it's been expired) and you can offer a little bit of something to the owner if you want. It's advised to have an agreement with the owner about the transfer and I would also do a little bit of background check, to see if the corporation you're getting has any types of scam reports, bad reputation or liens against it.

    Hope this helps and good luck!