1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What % Of Your Organic Traffic Comes From Your Main Keyword?

Discussion in 'Black Hat SEO' started by macdonjo3, Oct 9, 2010.

  1. macdonjo3

    macdonjo3 Jr. VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,560
    Likes Received:
    4,317
    Location:
    Toronto
    Home Page:
    For example, if you are trying to get optimized for the keyword "food", how much % of your traffic, comes from that searched keyword?

    Like 50% comes from main keyword and rest of the organic traffic is from other random keywords or what?

    This is probably easiest found on Google Webmaster Tools.

    What's your guy's %?
     
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. thedorf

    thedorf Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    Messages:
    1,193
    Likes Received:
    700
    Occupation:
    what? I gotta have a job?
    Location:
    BHW - Where else?
    One of my sites pulls 85% traffic from the main keyword. Another only 60%. It varies from site to site in my experience.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. macdonjo3

    macdonjo3 Jr. VIP Jr. VIP Premium Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,560
    Likes Received:
    4,317
    Location:
    Toronto
    Home Page:
    60% and 85%.

    I +rep you.

    Thank-you.
     
  4. trancecommunity

    trancecommunity Regular Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2010
    Messages:
    269
    Likes Received:
    35
    about 2% suprisingly
     
  5. businessbira

    businessbira Power Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2008
    Messages:
    510
    Likes Received:
    301
    It depends on the site, I guess.

    For example: I have a blog with one post optimized for just one kw. And the 95% of the traffic I get is for my main kw (for which I'm ranking first on Google and gets about 700-800 UV a day). The other 5% are typos or kws very similar to the main one.

    But if you have a bigger site with tons of pages/posts optimized for a whole range of different kws and not ranking well for your main kw, the percentage of traffic coming from your main kw will be way inferior.
     
  6. sunseven

    sunseven Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2009
    Messages:
    241
    Likes Received:
    279
    Totally depends on the amount of traffic your main keyword pulls. For example I have some sites that have main keywords that get 1 million+ searches a day and other sites with main keywords that get 20k per day so the percentages vary wildly due to the sheer amount of traffic each garners. There really is no one answer to your question, it's totally relevant. And furthermore it depends on how many other secondary terms you're optimizing your site for. If I have a site optimized for 100 additional long tail keywords and another is optimized for only 10 more, there again will be a huge difference in percentage ratios.