Many twats here at BHW are misinformed of the definition of fraud. This thread serves as an example: http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...1614-some-you-fuckers-need-stop-scamming.html The OP says "99% of the blackhatters on CL are just being blackhat, while the other 1% are committing nice federal crimes.." There are so many inconsistencies in that post... Fraud: is an intentional deception made for personal gain OR to damage another individual. Notice the OR in that sentence. Fraud doesn't have to be both personal gain and damage to another individual, it just has to be one. In most of our cases here at BHW, it's usually the former, "personal gain." Many of us post at Craigslist. And many of us earn through blackhat methods. Let's take the Craigslist jobs method as our example. You're tricking someone looking for a job into filling out your CPA offer. In the end that person never gets a job, and you profit. That's fraud right there. How about iframing e-mail submits? Let's say we offer a free xbox 360 if you enter your e-mail address in this little iframed box. That person never gets an xbox 360, and you profit. Fraud. E-whoring? Most of the time, you're telling someone to sign up at a dating website for a specific reason, maybe to get to communicate through a "trusted" website so you can filter out the sex predators. Either way, you are giving the victim an incentive, and they fill out your CPA offer or form. The victim never gets what he/she wants (to meet up with you, talk with you, see your profile, or w/e they want) and you profit. Fraud. Now of course, there are many cases in which fraud isn't committed. If you iframe an e-mail submit and tell the user to enter their e-mail address for a naked pic of jessica alba, and they actually get a naked pic of jessica alba after entering their e-mail address, then it's not fraud. But most of the time a blackhatter doesn't give the victim what the victim wants because they can't do anythign about it. fraud = illegal which is a federal offense. I'm assuming a large chunk of BHW does CPA and posts on Craigslist, incentivizing their offers, but the victim never gets it. In that case it would be illegal because it is fraud. However, what are the punishments? It's very unlikely you will get anything other than a banned CPA account. Seriously. The gov doesn't give a shit. Finally, there are different levels of fraud. The type of fraud the average BHW user commits is very, very low on the "fraud scale." (like stealing vegetables from the grocery store) Now there are always "higher" levels of fraud like stealing financial information, but you get my point. OH! And about that thread, DON'T USE THAT METHOD!!! The person who orders the free trial will call the advertiser and say "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY $1200!?!" And of course they will forward an e-mail copy and the advertiser will see the $1200 offered. The advertiser will contact the affiliate network to get you banned. No more no less. Even if you say you will get payed in 30 days, the victim will see a $100 charge a week later, and the advertiser will be notified and boom you're banned. All in all, BHW is a place to discuss illegal activites and most of us are scammers, but we just aren't bigtime scammers.