Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by pharmacyboy, Jun 5, 2008.
Did any one of You guys managed to escape from The "Minus Thirty" Penalty ?
What do you think you did to catch it?
just what i have read and things to think and try:
- Excessive same anchor text - are you in coop etc ? Remove those if thats the case.
- Affiliate links need to be removed
- File re inclusion request through sitemaps.
- new quality deep links maybe ?
- put back affiliate links but cloak them
I already removed affiliate links and will file re-inclusion request. any tips what should I write ?
I would ask if there's anything else they recommend you to do.
You better have them right away before re inclusion request.
Pharmacyboy, would you mind sharing how many backlinks you got in a short time? It would help us learn more about avoiding it ourselves!
You need a lot of hight PR backlinks ,all other things is no matter
About 4K links in 2-3 months time. My keyword "Online Casino". Most links were from counters (hidden in noscript or counterimage as link or link under the counter image). My anchor text was ..... well ... no varied enough i guess, just few combinations of main keyword.
My friend suggested to add my site to sigg, stumble, del.icio.us , etc ... in order to maybe get some natural links, cos my content is unique written by humans and interesting .
You can back this theory with your own expirience ?
I can almost assure you that using PR as a metric to assess a site's value is a mistake. That is not to say that PR doesn't have some weight, but it has considerably less value than it did a few years ago. I have a lot of clients who have not been negatively effected by any of Google's recent changes and many of them have gained the number of links you're talking about considerably faster.
If you're going to pay for links, assess the quality of the site, the content, and their links before even looking at PR. You'll have far more success that way.
I will fill re-inclusion.
* I will blaim some seo "profesional" firm for all the mess
* Will admit we had no idea about Google guidelines
* We've removed all we could, to make our site meet G guidelines
* We're not going to do any SEO
* We're adding our site do del.isio.us, digg, stumble to give our content more exposure and gain natural links
anything else i should write about ?
Ok whats a minus thirty penalty... What does the minus thirty signify???
Separate names with a comma.