Sooooo, i have a case opened on me from a guy who ordered some goods ($30) back on Sept 5th. It's obviously been 2 months and he claims it hasn't arrived. He opened up a case so we are communicating back and forth via the opened case. I'm just wondering if this guy might be cunning. He's asking me questions to try and make it look like I'm incompetent or maybe he's just trying to build the case for his favor? He also speaks very respectfully, and politely greets me in his messages. I told him that I shipped it out exactly to the address he provided both on ebay and paypal order details. No phone number was provided and I showed him screen caps to prove that there was no phone on those details. He says he always has a phone number on there. Clearly he doesn't. I told him that I have provided proof of shipment via tracking number, even though the tracking indicates that it's been shipped out and en route.....there's no update after that. He then asks me things like, 'do you insure your shipments?', like obviously he knows I don't, and I don't need to as I'm a small time seller and these are small cheap items under $100 or even under $50......it's like he's trying to make me admit that I don't insure shipments like that's a mandatory thing we have to do? No it isn't. He clearly made the decision to buy what he bought knowing the shipping cost and the method (standard/economy shipping) so why would he ask if I insure it? I think he might an experience buyer who is trying to make me look bad so that when the time comes for an ebay rep to step in and make a final decision, he'll look better. Not only that, this is the first time he's contacted me in 60 days since the shipment was sent out! Why would he wait this long? And why wouldn't he ask me first via email before opening a case? I told him the estimated arrival time was for around Sept 17-20, but it took him this long to contact me now in Nov.3rd?? Sounds fishy to me. I'm wondering for you ebay experts out there....is there such a thing as the ART OF NEGOTIATING an open case in ebay? Methinks there is. There must be some tricks of the trade? He's also asking me what we should do about the money. He's pressing on that. This is a red flag to me. When one opens a case, there is only 3 things a seller can do: update tracking, message the buyer, or REFUND the buyer. So why would he be asking me what we should do about the money? Obviously, there's nothing else I can do other than provide him the tracking number and converse with him in messages. But him asking me about what to do is like basically saying, "refund me now". OR is this part of the Art of the trade? He's trying to get me suggest maybe I can give a partial refund like 50/50 split? And if I mention this or anything along this line in the case, would that be a no-no to ebay's eyes? It looks like I can only refund him the full amount and not partial. I'm wondering if he's trying to get me to suggest something he knows I can get myself into trouble for and therefore forfeit the case? Chime in please u ebay experts. Is there an art to negotiations in open cases? I'll let you know what the final verdict is. I'm afraid to suggest a 50/50 split of the refund to him in the case because I don't know if that is a big no-no and he's trying to get me to say it.