OK, this guy I know calls me over this morning to look at his computer because he is having trouble getting online. Now the fact that he is using Cricket as his ISP and his place is completely surrounded by very tall walnut trees which do an extremely good job of blocking line of sight to the cell tower he's trying to pull off of is not the issue here as according to him, those little microwaves go through anything, don't you know? He says his computer is overheating which is why things are running so slowly and he then asks me if I have a thermometer so that he can check the processor temperature....................................................................... No shit. A thermometer. He has taken the side cover off of the box and has stuck a small electric fan right up against the processor fan and is running his "accessory" fan on high speed because he says that the additional fan will prevent overheating. He's not worried about the very strong magnetic field generated by the fan motor at 60 HZ inducing eddy currents and spikes in the motherboard, cooking the processor or frying the memory chips as he says that we are surrounded by magnetic fields and magnetic fields, even strong ones will not bother a computer. The currents being induced into the motherboard are so strong that his monitor flickers like a vacancy sign on a cheap motel! Here it is only 10 am and I already need a drink!