Last two weeks I was in "tryout-mood" and did the following (to be said before: It did NOT workout very well, but read yourself...): 1. I created a new subsite. Keyword was easy and it ranked itself on#6 on the next day. 2. I purchased three dropped domains that had the keyword in it, one was an exact match already - I really had some great luck finding this domains at this timepoint. 3. I created three unique articles in the language of my site, made them looking real, plain HTML sites with no footprints (each on its own server, unique design, unique html markup..., not interlinked, different imprints, privacy pol.. blablabla). Each site contains one contextual link with my keyword to the newly created subsite. 4. I built one link pyramid for each domain, mainly with the main keyword at 60% and 40% domain name and random stuff. Results so far: After a few days I owned 4 spots on the first site for that keyword. But i was greedy as my competitor was above this 4 sites with his money site and one satelite. I wanted more, I wanted to outrank him - not for the profits, but to punish him for copying some unique marketing methods i found out and used in our niche. 5. So I thought now I'll go experiemental and 301'd the three sites created around the money site (mentioned in 2./3.) to the new subsite. 6.Two days later the main keyword went from #6 to #45 as well as all other related keywords, one has dropped out top 100. Lesson learned. Not a good strategy. Before you flame me now for posting non-working methods: I just thought that it is good to know about methods that work, but also to know what harms your rankings. Comments welcome!