This week I got an email from Google with the following header Social engineering content detected on After more than 10 years in SEO I have never received any webmaster notification...But I did.. You know how your heart starts beating when you receive those silly messages from Google especially for someone who's never received one. You start doubting yourself and your team...Have I done poor link building is any of my competitors fighting for this space? mmhhhh So I searched for this issue. Because I have never heard of it before. My site was going to be blacklisted because I was doing some social engineering. So I followed the instructions I got from a previous thread and checked for hacking attempts. There were none. All the malware tools were saying the site was clean. ohhh boy. So I requested a review with the results attached.. It was rejected immediately and now the site was all RED when you came to visit. So I looked at the pages again at the console and lo and behold, the file name was not on my site. It was on my server alright, but not on my domain. My site was being blacklisted simply because it was hosted with a company which shall remain nameless that has refused to enable mod_userdir protection. Simple issue to be solved with one click. Now I'm losing a pretty new site that had started ranking because of a hosting company. Of course I moved the site. But you've been warned. Google is not looking at our emails as the weird ones on BHW tell us. They are actually banning you because of this so called social engineering. It's hurting whitehatters more than blackhatters. That is the end of my story.