- Aug 31, 2013
- Reaction score
The shit list section is where members are permitted to post a sales dispute with either a seller or a buyer. After posting a shit list thread, your dispute will be sent into moderation where a shit list moderator will review the evidence you've submitted. If your dispute cannot be resolved whilst your thread is in moderation, your thread will be set to go live here in the shit list subforum where it will be mediated publicly.
General Shit List Rules
- Threads in this section may only pertain to business that began on Black Hat World. This includes the BST, WTB, and HAF sections, as well as PMs. Business that began away from the forum (e.g., Skype, another forum, etc) is not covered.
- You must attempt all reasonable forms of resolution before posting a thread in this section. This includes diligently exhausting all forms of contact available, waiting 48 hours at a minimum, and informing the other party of your intention to shit list them.
- Evidence in the form of conversation logs, screenshots, URLs, videos, and, links to any posts related to the dispute are required. Any attempts to falsify evidence will result in your shit list being rejected and an infraction.
- If you are not directly related to the situation, or are not offering information directly related to the situation; do not post in the thread. Ensure sensitive information is blurred/masked.
- Do not post personal information in your shit list thread. Personal information includes, but is not limited to: physical addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, real names, unrelated internet properties, pictures of the accused, SSNs, government-issued IDs, and social media accounts.
- iTrader feedback can now be disputed using the shit list process. Please note that feedback older than 1 month cannot be disputed and valid feedback will not be removed.
- With the exception of cases concerning non-delivery, we do not handle shit lists where bartering was involved (e.g., value of item A is now more than the value of item B).
- Reach out to the other party using all reasonable forms of contact.
- Inform the other party on Black Hat World of your intention to shit list them.
- If the other party does not respond after 8 hours, open a shit list thread using the instructions below.
- A moderator will respond to your thread once they're ready to review your case. You'll receive a "like" reaction on your opening post (and every subsequent post) from the moderator to confirm this. Please note that this is simply to send you an alert for your thread that's in moderation and nothing more.
- You and the moderator may have a bit of back and forth in regards to the situation. It is imperative that you provide the moderator with a like reaction so that they receive an alert that you've responded to them. Essentially, every post in the thread should be liked by each other.
- We will mediate the dispute via a group conversation (unless the accused does not respond to the conversation in the allotted time) before setting the shit list live. Note that in some cases, we may expedite a shit list by making the thread live first.
- The accused will have 24 hours to respond and will be prohibited from engaging in other activities on the forum whilst we await their initial response.
A list of everything you need to include in your shit list post is below. Please note that you must state your case clearly and concisely.
- Screenshot proof that you informed the other party of your intention to shit list them 48 hours beforehand.
- Screenshot proof that you tried every reasonable form of contact before opening the shit list thread.
- A brief summary of your dispute with the accused (e.g., failure to deliver the product or service)
- What you need from the accused to consider this resolved. Examples include a refund or a replacement.
- Ensure you check your shit list thread daily as you will not receive any alerts for responses in your thread until it goes live.
When you submit your shit list, please use the following format as this makes it easier for everyone involved.
- Proof the other party has been informed of this shit list: (Submit a screenshot of you informing the other party here)
- Proof of Contact: (Submit screenshots showing that you have tried every reasonable form of contact such as emails, Skype, support tickets, etc)
- Proof of Transaction: (Proof that you purchased the product or service (i.e., a service agreement or an order receipt)
- Summary of Dispute: (In roughly five sentences or less, concisely go over the issue)
- Evidence of the Issue: (Post screenshots or video evidence of the issues you encountered with the other party)
- What you hope to gain from this shit list: (State whether you wish to receive a refund or a replacement)
- (Optional) Additional Information: (If you need to go over the issue in more detail, please use this section to describe it)
[B]Proof the other party has been informed of this shit list:[/B] (Submit a screenshot of you informing the other party here) [B]Proof of Contact:[/B] (Submit screenshots showing that you have tried every reasonable form of contact such as emails, Skype, support tickets, etc) [B]Summary of Dispute:[/B] (In roughly five sentences or less, concisely go over the issue.) [B]Evidence of the Issue:[/B] (Post screenshots or video evidence of the issues you encountered with the other party) [B]What you hope to gain from this shit list:[/B] (State whether you wish to receive a refund or a replacement) [B](Optional) Additional Information[/B]: (If you need to go over the issue in more detail, please use this section to describe it)
Please note that Black Hat World ownership, management, and staff members are not liable for your losses. Your business decisions are your responsibility, due diligence should be a vital component to any transactions. While we are not responsible for your losses, we will do our best to prevent, respond, and mediate applicable situations. For tips on avoiding scams and staying safe on Black Hat World, please read our thread titled, "Avoiding Scams & Staying Safe On Black Hat World".
Special thanks to @MisterF, @BassTrackerBoats, & @WilhelmScream for helping create this thread.