- Oct 13, 2014
- Reaction score
( Above are Buyer intent keywords like "best xxx")
I created this Amazon affiliate site back in 2017 on a fresh domain. Keywords were pretty easy when I started, but I didn't focus on it apart from adding content.
In August 2018, I built 20-25 PBNs using brand and naked anchors. I saw improvement on this keyword, but it was stuck at #9-#5, and It never ranked higher though my site has better content and links compared with competitors sites.
2019 May, I read a post on Medium.com about ON-PAGE SEO update in 2019.
Here's what I did:
1. Added 5-8 interlinks per post (It should be relevant to your post).
2. Optimized the keyword density.
3. Optimized the site's speed (Moved from Shared hosting to Digitalocean VPS).
3. a) Optimized the image sizes to load faster. (This is very important)
Before: Site speed was 2 seconds.
Now: Site speed is less than 600ms.
4. Improved the user navigation on the site and tweaked the site's structure.
That's all; I re-fetched the site on Google Search console and keyword ranked at #1 after 2 days.
According to me, On-page is very important which most people ignore and focus only on PBNs.
I feel I could've saved a lot of money spent on PBN links! You can rank easy keywords without any links just by making these on-page changes.
Speed is the second most ranking factor after links. So make sure your site loads under 1 second or no matter whatever shit you do, it doesn't rank!
P.S. There was a lot of things that were mentioned in the Medium.com post I followed, but I made only above changes on my site. Keywords are settled at #1 now!