I have a website that focuses on 2 keywords: kw1: wegenbelasting 60.500 exact searches kw2: wegenbelasting berekenen 60.500 exact searches They both show the exact same number of exact searches, which I already find quite dubious since last year that I checked it it showed 10k for keyword 1 and 70k for keyword 2. Google webmaster tools however shows: kw1: 110.000 impressions kw2: 27.000 impressions I rank at page 1 for both keywords for a long time already. Anyway: kw2 I'm ranking at #3 and for the last 2 months I get 200 pageviews a day. kw1 I was ranking at #7 and 2 days ago I moved up to #4 So I expected quite an increase in pageviews (especially cause google webmasters showed 110k impressions for that keyword) and Google Adwords tool shows 60.5k exact searches month. But guess what??? Yesterday I had 195 pageviews which is 100% average. No increase whatsoever despite ranking up 3 spots (I checked with 5 different VPN IPs from within different VM's) Now I do think I know why Google Webmaster shows so many impressions cause it probably takes each searchterm that includes the word "wegenbelasting" and just adds the total up to 110k, but still his google Adwords shows 60.500 exact searches which I also find pretty unreliable cause no pageviews or visitors increased and the exact same amount of searches as kw2 seems very unrealistic. I'm really pissed as it took me quite a bit of effort and money to increase the rankings for keyword 1. To be precisely: 700 posts at a private blog network for $42,- 200 posts at high PR society $15,- 100 web2.0's (2 fiverr gigs) $10,- 500 wiki article backlinks $5,- 3 homepage links (2xpr4 and 1xpr5) for around $30/month (also high PR society). And even more valuable, my time to prepare the articles and everything.