Discussion in 'Misc' started by MosesW, Apr 28, 2014.
What windows version it requires ?
CHECKLIST for Panda Smart Browser
1. You must use the latest Panda Smart Browser.exe from http://bit.ly/PandaDownload
2. Your computer must have at least 2 Cores, 2 GB memory and it must be connected to the internet with at least 1 Mbps speed.
3. Your computer must have Microsoft .NET Framework http://bit.ly/DownloadNET
4. Please verify that your regular Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers are able to open any website (i.e. google.com, youtube.com, facebook.com) without error. (PSB does not use your regular browsers while working, but this step is to make sure that your computer is able to open websites successfully with different browsers)
5. You should allow Panda Smart Browser.exe via your Firewall. (Generally not required)
6. You should run Panda Smart Browser.exe as administrator. (Right Click on Panda Smart Browser.exe, click Properties, click Compatibility tab, check Run this program as an administrator, click OK)(Generally not required)
7. If you still have difficulties to run it then please add Panda Smart Browser.exe to the exclusion list of your Antivirus.
8. Please use Windows 10 or higher for PCs and Windows 2012 or higher for servers.
9. If you will run your PSB on a Virtual Machine then you need to setup at least 2 processor cores in your VM.
10. After PSB is installed, for some cases, rebooting your computer once will help.
Allow PandaBot a Admediatex.net
MosesW, can you please explain the reason why this policy is there?
Regarding Having Excessive Number of Computers per Member: Except Standard and Premium members’ Primary Computers, after the number of computers that run your Panda Smart Browsers exceeds 5 then for every additional computer the Traffic Time Credits percentage will be decreased by 3 i.e. for 6 computers 57% per computer. After having more than 21 computers that are running your Panda Smart Browsers at the same time, it will be reduced down to 10% per computer.
More IPs is better for the network, isn't it?
Regarding Having Excessive Number of Computers per Member Policy: This policy aims to protect the network from powerful members who have thousands of computers with Panda Smart Browsers (PSB). Without this policy, it is possible that some powerful members to accumulate too many traffic credits and to be able to dominate the system. There may be two consequences. 1. The website of these members will be visited by PSBs in a quantity far beyond the usual average per site traffic statistics of the network, at a remarkable level thus the whole traffic from PSBs IP addresses is subject to be questionable in the scope of Search Engines. 2. The websites of the other members will be visited by PSBs remarkably much less because quite a number of PSBs will be busy to create traffic for these powerful members.
Separate names with a comma.