1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pain the arse 80% mf

Discussion in 'BlackHat Lounge' started by jonnyquest, Sep 6, 2011.

  1. jonnyquest

    jonnyquest Regular Member

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    Messages:
    277
    Likes Received:
    436
    Occupation:
    Retired
    Location:
    Island Time
    Does everybody know the 80/20 rule? If not, it mean 20% of the people are doing 80% or more of the work and/or driving your income.

    Get rid of the other 80% of your clients and work overtime on the 20%. Those other 80% are dragging you down on time and effort.

    This goes for CPA networks etc ... you may be getting money from a particular network but if they are constantly late with payment, shaving like a mother ...kick them to the curb and kick up your efforts on the ones that are really making you cash

    JQ
     
  2. adbot

    adbot Power Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2011
    Messages:
    512
    Likes Received:
    541
    Occupation:
    IM
    Location:
    New York
    I agree with what your saying about trimming the fat. Just don't go overboard and put all your eggs in one basket.
     
  3. Essence19

    Essence19 BANNED BANNED

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    830
    Likes Received:
    352
    I thought 80/20 meant that 20% of Imers make all the Real money and the other 80% are broke. 80% want what the 20% have but can't really get it :)
     
  4. Markthedude

    Markthedude Power Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    Messages:
    572
    Likes Received:
    266
    Occupation:
    Entrepreneur
    Location:
    United States
    Ahh, the ol' Pareto Principle.

    During my Six Sigma training 80-20 meant something slightly different.

    "80 percent of the observed defects on a product or in a process can be attributed to 20 percent of the possible causes."

    So true in many cases.
     
  5. Bloghat

    Bloghat Regular Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2011
    Messages:
    249
    Likes Received:
    120
    I thought it was "It takes 20% of the time to get 80% of the work done."
    So it takes ages for the last details. Seen it with doing 3D graphics all the time.