1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Other Anchor Text" - Majestic SEO

Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by jhakasseo, Apr 5, 2013.

  1. jhakasseo

    jhakasseo Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2012
    Messages:
    827
    Likes Received:
    237
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketing
    Location:
    On d Earth
    Home Page:
    Hello BHW,

    I have been analyzing my website backlinks profile through ahrefs.com. For the change I tried to check on Majestic SEO Tool.

    As I can see Anchor text chart of backlinks.

    In that chart there is "Other Anchor Text" which is above 50% for many website I have checked.

    Can anyone tell me in "Other Anchor Text" what kind of anchor text includes?


    Thanks,
     
  2. jhakasseo

    jhakasseo Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2012
    Messages:
    827
    Likes Received:
    237
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketing
    Location:
    On d Earth
    Home Page:
    Anyone?
     
  3. vaservices

    vaservices Regular Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2013
    Messages:
    231
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Asia
    Home Page:
    It is generic keyword, such as "chick here, visit this site, read more...". Just look more natural and prevent from see footprint from Google that some SEO Vendors have used.
     
  4. alexglo

    alexglo Junior Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2011
    Messages:
    166
    Likes Received:
    145
    Location:
    UK
    Generally I think this is anchor text that is only used once or twice. Which shows a good variation.

    If you did a lot of links as "read more" then it would show up, so I do not think it is just generic stuff.
     
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. imperial444

    imperial444 Elite Member

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1,771
    Likes Received:
    414
    Occupation:
    Full-time IM hero
    Try to diversity your anchor text with texts like "Click here" "Visit website", also include your website address.
     
  6. jascoken

    jascoken Senior Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1,135
    Likes Received:
    751
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    IT/Web Systems & Development...
    Location:
    Sussex:UK
    I think you may just be confusing the reporting terms...

    I haven't used it in a while, but I think it just means all the other terms that aren't actually shown. It doesn't mean a particular term if I remember right. So if you have 20 terms listed using 40% of the keyword spread, the remaining 60% is 'other terms'...

    but I may be wrong! Take a look and see if that makes sense...
     
  7. hpv222

    hpv222 Power Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Messages:
    736
    Likes Received:
    274
    "Other Anchor Text" is just that - Other Anchor Text. I am not familiar with their charts, but if the chart displays say the top 10 anchors, everything else will be labeled "Other Anchor Text" and shown on the graph. If the chart displays say anchors that are at least 5% of all anchors, then everything else will be labeled "Other Anchor Text"
     
  8. jhakasseo

    jhakasseo Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2012
    Messages:
    827
    Likes Received:
    237
    Occupation:
    Internet Marketing
    Location:
    On d Earth
    Home Page:
    Yes I thought same too.