Negative SEO Case Study Decided to see if a site could be dislodged from the top of Google using xrumer blasts. The site in question currently ranks 1 & 2 on Google UK for the KW and 5th on Google. It is not a 'brand' or an established name. There is around 3,000,000 exact matches for the keyword and te site has been at the top for around 3-4 months. Backlinks before: around 700 I did a 50,000 blast using the same anchor text around 6 days ago and the backlinks have gone up to 8,100 - so an increase of over 7k in less than a week. It has had NO impact as of yet. This may change, however it may take a lot more than a 50k blast to even get close to getting. I will do 50,000 a week for the next month. Ranking as of 4th May 2012: 1st & 2nd Google UK and 5th on Google. Spam Ranking To see the effect of 'spamming' on a brand new site I thought i'd do something similar to a brand new site i've made. Quick 20 page basic site with a few hundred words on each page. Each page is a different KW within the niche. (note: the main KW for this is the same as the above study). The site was indexed by Google 4 days ago along with several of the inner pages. I have had a 12,000 blast done (which I am currently pinging) followed by a link pyramid consisting of: 30 web 2.0 --> 10,000 wiki links --> 50,000 xrumer blast This will be completed in a few days. I will then repeat every week for a month (possibly longer). Ranking as of 4th May 2012: N/A on both Google UK and Google. I'll post daily with updates. Thanks.