Hello, I have finished bachelors degree and have a 9-6 job with my profession. I have a small salary, which is not enough to support family in general. There are chances of further professional development, but it is a long time game (min 5 yrs). So If I work at 9-6 PM job and dedicate myself to it for a long time I suppose I will have a descent income. If I lived in well-developed country my salary for current position would be good enough to afford descent living but here at every field average wage is just too low. You must be in top 5% or must be very lucky (Not sniveling at all, I love the country where I live ) I also work around 3 hours a day at average on IM activities. I earn here 2-3 times more than my salary. The upside of my 9-6 job is, that it is extremely stable, while IM is not (if you don't diversify your income a lot). I am a lazy person (I believe, that a person must work max 8 hours a day unless he runs a business or the work is his passion) and work for around 11 hours a day, which is inacceptable for me. In addition, 11 hours of work plus outdoor activities, watching anime, etc etc I don't have time for sleep and it tells very badly on my health. I dedicate 9 hours to my job, I am not just scrolling fb at my free time, I always read and learn materials which will aid my further development and since all of my effective time is used at job, I am less effective at IM. If I won't work at IM activities at all my brain will be more rested and refreshed for the next day so my professional development at my JOB will be better. And it is the same on the side of IM. It needs more attention than just 3 hours a day. This is why my IM business is at serious risk. I have the feeling, that actually at my job I am LOSING money not earning, because If I leave it, there is 80% chance, that I will earn 3(heck, maybe even 10x) times more with IM, have more time for having fun. But I am afraid of that 20%. If my job were part-time or not tied to a career I would immediately leave it, but if I leave my job now and go bankrupt at IM, I will have to start everything from zero. So I don't exactly know exactly what to expect from you, fellow members, and why I wrote such a long post, but anyways, your opinion will be greatly appreciated. I also want to ask those, who have 9-6 job as well. What kind of projects do you work on? What do you think about working at IM and offline in general? How do you combine those very different fields? Thank you all in advance for your time.