Discussion in 'BlackHat Lounge' started by InnovativeSEO, Jul 31, 2015.
Came across this for those interested
Seen it somewhere. Don't really understand what the hype is about https. Generally to me it means slow time to first render. It depends on what you do, but I always stay away from https whenever I can.
Here are 3 benefits in favor of https over http .
1) New SEO factor confirmed by google (ranking factor you can easily play with unlike domain age for instance)
2) Trust factor when selling online
3) Privacy between website and user (sniffing proofed)
2. Yeah it depends on the nature of your business as I have mentioned.
3. Privacy? What privacy. I don't really care what my users are exposed to. All I want is them to land on the page as fast as possible. https puts an extra layer of rountrip and whatnot. And some sites misconfigured https till it broke their site. Ever notice chrome blocking people outright because their /cert/ has problems?
Bottom line is, if you're not dealing with sensitive money matters, don't bother to https your site.
Separate names with a comma.